Micro-air thermostat on sale!

Can you publish that site for all of us?

Gary K

I just did an extensive search for reviews on the Micro-Air and read them all.

All users were disappointed and said it did not work as advertised and wasn't worth it. That included bad reviews about the app as well.

Gary k

I personally am glad to have their thermostat and the app and temp alerts work for me fine. Bluetooth when in proximity of the vehicle, wifi anywhere. The app seems to be designed for phones and displays horizontal on my tablet that I use for navigation but still usable while in the driver seat. Here is a discount code I received, too late for me.

Screenshot_20211119-112627_Gmail.jpg

I think reviews are possibly skewed, as most people, like me, that are happy with them don't post about it, we just enjoy it & move on.

People that are not happy, especially with a somewhat pricey item, post more reviews. 

JMHO...

Here’s the site. Don’t forget to use the discount codes above. 

https://www.microair.net/collections/cyber-monday-deals?goal=0_66810e08f3-478d77c7cb-362081504&mc_cid=478d77c7cb&mc_eid=2defe67c4d

9 hours ago, a4epilot said:

Can you publish that site for all of us?

Gary K

I just did an extensive search for reviews on the Micro-Air and read them all.

All users were disappointed and said it did not work as advertised and wasn't worth it. That included bad reviews about the app as well.

Gary k

I can personally attest that it works exactly as advertised. It is much easier to use than the original CCC unit, and both the Bluetooth and WIFi functions work perfectly. I’ve read that some of the very earliest versions had some software/firmware shortcomings, but those had been corrected by the time I purchased mine (April 2021). 

I can also personally attest that their tech support is very responsive. I broke a component when installing mine, and they sent me replacement parts next day air at no cost to me. I’ve also asked questions about upgrading my heat pumps to the latest Penguin II units, and received a quick response with the good news that my Micro-Air could be upgraded to work with the new units. 

I recently purchased the Micro Air thermostat for my 2012 Diplomat with 3 rooftop Coleman/Airxcel heat pumps and Aquahot.  I installed the thermostat on a Saturday and could not get it working.  I emailed Micro Air and they got back to me quickly.  They had me do some troubleshooting and had me send it back to them.  They sent me a new thermostat and installation went well, but I had an error in one of the zones.  They did a firmware upgrade and the error cleared.  

I like the thermostat and do not have any complaints.  I do have an observation I’d like to point out.  The image of the thermostat in their ads makes the display look much larger than it actually is.  The display is 2 in x 3 in.  The touch screen is a little difficult to operate, but if using the app with a phone or tablet, everything is great.  

I  bought this thermostat because I was having intermittent problems with the Coleman thermostat and the cost of the Micro Air is about the same as the Coleman.  I didn’t want to take a chance on having the Coleman crap out on me and be without heat or air.  I will keep the Coleman as a ready spare.   I do wish I would have waited a few weeks so I could save the 15 percent!

Your problem with the thermostat is exactly what I found when researching reviews. 

One reviewer stated he had worked with Micro Air and was asked to post a review after being helped with a problem after initial purchase. Even with the M A help, there still were unresolved problems and the review was negative.

Appears the bugs are not worked out. Quality is inconsistent as some users have problems and others do not. 

I'll be putting off a purchase.

Gary K

I installed mine a couple weeks ago and with the coach parked in my garage I could checks temps via the app. 

Currently on the road.  Absolutely no problems so far.  Today, as I was hooking up I finished plugging into a 30 amp and as soon as the progressive connected power I used the App to turn the front AC on.  Finished hooking up sewer and water.  When I came in the coach the front AC was putting out nice cold air.  ~1 hour ago I checked the temps in the bedroom and still warmer so I switched that AC on and the front off while I was sitting at the table.  Can't beat that. 

• Like 1

So, today when I left the motorhome ~9AM to go see Big Bend NP the weather was still a little chilly so I didn't bother setting the AC's to run while I was gone.

About 1PM, in the middle of the park, I actually had a phone signal so decided to check.  Yikes the front temp reading was 95F and the bedroom was 89.  So I went ahead and turned on the front AC.  As I drove I was in and out of cell phone coverage but ~2:30PM when I had a signal the coach has cooled down considerably and when I got back a little after 3PM it was comfortable. 

Can't beat that. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

So, today when I left the motorhome ~9AM to go see Big Bend NP the weather was still a little chilly so I didn't bother setting the AC's to run while I was gone.

About 1PM, in the middle of the park, I actually had a phone signal so decided to check.  Yikes the front temp reading was 95F and the bedroom was 89.  So I went ahead and turned on the front AC.  As I drove I was in and out of cell phone coverage but ~2:30PM when I had a signal the coach has cooled down considerably and when I got back a little after 3PM it was comfortable. 

Can't beat that. 

What internet provider do you have in the coach, obviously always on...?

2 hours ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

What internet provider do you have in the coach, obviously always on...?

I am using a Cricket Turbo hotspot, $50/month for 100GB.  Eventually I'll look for a better option.  I have an ATT Mobley device at home we are using for the house, $24/month unlimited but they don't offer that anymore. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does this thermostat do a better job with the remote temp sensors, than the factory 5 button duo-therm thermostat?

Exercising my gen today, front and bedroom heatpumps running, bedroom HP shut off compressor way to soon (according to portable thermometer I had on dresser). I had to set bedroom zone about 10deg higher than it actually was in there, to get the compressor to start back up!

I think they do although it is dependent the location of the remote sensor.  My front sensor is mounted on the underside of the overhead cabinet above the passenger seat. 

The rear uses the thermostat, and you do have the ability to adjust it a couple of degrees.  I haven't fooled with it to see if it makes a difference. 

The thermostat also displays the outside temp, which does seem to be pretty accurate if the AC's aren't exposed to full sunlight.  It is handy to see what the temps are outside. 

Question..How low can you set the Heat setting on the Micro Air?  My old 5 button will go as low as 40 degrees but I typically set 45 when in short term winter storage.  Reason I ask is because when I replaced my stick and brick house systems with new furnaces and digital thermostats, the new system only goes down to 55 whereas I used to set the old system in the house to 45 just in case the occasional extreme cold front came thru while absent. No use heating house at 55 when it might only drop to upper 40's ... and thus with the new system in the house I've used more energy in useless heating than necessary.  So wondering about the Micro Air for the coach when it's time to replace all.... Get boards compatible with old 5 button so I can set a low temp, or keep boards that come with the new units and go with new thermostats.  Electric but no WiFi in storage....