Battery voltage under load

moxy1962

Running the system at home while plugged into 30A shore, I generally see 17DC amps from the charger to the batteries with the whole system running.

After the burner shuts down, and purge ends, drops to 3DC amps for just the pumps and heat exchanger fans.

Don't know how accurate the Magnum inverter meter is. 

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Hmmm!

I've never noticed my burner motor having a lot of draw on my batteries.

It's not just the burner blower motor, but the fuel pump, solenoids, and other things that draw power.  The Aquahot manual states that the main Aquahot unit draws 60 Watts, the Circulation Pumps draw 21 Watts each, and the Cozys (Registers) draw 6.25 Watts each.  

2 hours ago, moxy1962 said:

GC2 230 amp lead acid 6 volt x4

Trojan lead acid batteries show that fully charged, no load, after letting the surface charge dissipate, is 12.74 Volts.  You voltage, if NOT under load, would indicate just over 80% SOC, but since it is under unspecified load, the SOC would be higher. 

50 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

It's not just the burner blower motor, but the fuel pump, solenoids, and other things that draw power.  The Aquahot manual states that the main Aquahot unit draws 60 Watts, the Circulation Pumps draw 21 Watts each, and the Cozys (Registers) draw 6.25 Watts each.  

Trojan lead acid batteries show that fully charged, no load, after letting the surface charge dissipate, is 12.74 Volts.  You voltage, if NOT under load, would indicate just over 80% SOC, but since it is under unspecified load, the SOC would be higher. 

Been running for hours and still at 12.5 volts