replacing slide sealing tape

Our coach is a 2005 M. SAFARI Cheetah  40DST. I got new slide toppers from Stone Vos but when I went to install them I realized I had some dammaged slide out gaskets, mainly near the top corners. In close inspection of these corners, before I replace the seals (Steele Rubber Products) I discovered the metal tape Monaco used to seal the tops of the slides had pealed up at the outer wall and was gouging the seals each time I brought in the slides. This was not noticeable from the ground only when I got up close on a ladder.

I think the tape is called "tar tape", a soft aluminum layer with tar layer on the sticky side, same as they used on the roof. I am thinking of replacing or topping the original tape with eternabond. I had great results with using this on the roof but am a bit skeptical on the slides which see rubbing against the seals. Does anyone in this group have experience with this? If so, what are your experiences/revomendations?

I redid a the tape on my bedroom slide w Eternabond.  It is a headache to remove all the old and looking back, it may not have been necessary,  but I was chasing down a leak.  I like the fact I have new eternabond tape down.  That was 2 years ago and no issues since. 

Steven p, my leak us also on the Bedroom slide, top left corner. I know removing the foil tape us a pain and only about 3" going up the back face of the outside wall is bad. I may just cry this off, clean area well and retape with eternabond on top of the existing metal tape that is still quite secure. Glad to know you had no issues with EBT after 2 years.

@1nolaguymy leak was actually a pinhole in the top of the slide in a low spot that collected water. I cleaned it well and applied eternabond over it too.