groups.io?

rpasetto

Some time ago I discovered a website at visualsc.com entitled "monacoers".    I inquired about it and some time later received a reply in October:

"You recently requested access to our test forum at http://www.visualsc.com/monacoers/  This is a Test/Demonstration forum that is not currently open to users and may not be in the future." ....

On Dec 9th I received a message: 

"You have been invited by Group Admin to join the Groups.io group monacoers@groups.io.   The following message was included by Group Admin:  You had previously applied to http://www.visualsc.com/monacoers which was under development.  After review, we have realized that a group on groups.io is a much better fit to our objectives." ....

I saw a message sent to me yesterday,  Dec. 10th posted around 9AM,: 

"Welcome to the monacoers@groups.io group at Groups.io. "....

Then around 2PM yesterday, another message:

"Hi rpasetto,  An administrator has created a new account for you at Bill D’s Monacoers. Your account details are: "....

My first thought was that these were all the same group.. and that the original group had either changed URL or added an alternate... then a long-time friend who I knew was in monacoers explained that the visualsc and groups.io groups were not the original monacoers.  

I haven't been only occasionally active in the yahoo-monacoers forum; this seemingly conflicting information is puzzling.   I'm not sure what is going on but I think that I now have the right group here.  However if I was confused it's possible that others have been  confused as well.  Just want those running this group to be aware what may have happened to others.

You are now in the right group. Bill D's Monacoers.org is the Monacoers yahoo group that you are a member. I posted to the group on Tuesday that our new website was now up and running and that you would receive an Invitation to join if you were a Member of the Monacoers Yahoo Group. That was the invite you received from " An Administrator has created a new account at Bill D's Monacoers".

I also stated in the notice that the MONACOERS@GROUPS.IO visualsc and groups .io were BOGAS sites started by a guy who pirated our parts list and other information from the Monacoers Yahoo Group to start his group. I also stated that if you were a member or became a member of that group you will not be allowed to be a member of the Bill D's Monacoers.org  group. This guy is misleading  our members into joining his group and will not be tolerated here.

IF YOU WANT TO STILL BE A MEMBER OF Bill D's Monacoers GROUP, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP FROM THE Monacoers@groups.io GROUP

We Welcome you as a member of the Bill D's Monacoers.org Group and hope you will stay.

Please let us know!

David,

It looks like I was fooled "big time" by this guy.  I had heard that the "visualsc"  group was bogus.  When I saw the groups.io email which  said that the  "group on groups.io is a much better fit" than the one on visualsc   I thought I was hearing from the original yahoo monacoers.   Not being a frequent user of  the  monacoers form, or any forum for that matter, the groups.io statement had been enough to convince me.   

I have just now unsubscribed to monacoers-groups.io,  however, everyone should know that if this guy got my email.  It's likely he got the emails of all the original monacoers.    While I don't have a problem with forums in general, it is disconcerting to see that a forum would fake it's identity.  What could possibly be the motivation behind doing something like that.

I am not an attorney, however if someone has stolen your parts list or other intellectual property, legal action may be possible.   If anything you have copyrighted is stolen,  the case for legal action may be stronger.

The best to you guys who have contributed so much information.  I have appreciated the documents and advice over the years. 

... Rick P, 03 Dynasty

Edited by rpasetto
typos

On 12/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, David Pratt said:

You are now in the right group. Bill D's Monacoers.org is the Monacoers yahoo group that you are a member. I posted to the group on Tuesday that our new website was now up and running and that you would receive an Invitation to join if you were a Member of the Monacoers Yahoo Group. That was the invite you received from " An Administrator has created a new account at Bill D's Monacoers".

I also stated in the notice that the MONACOERS@GROUPS.IO visualsc and groups .io were BOGAS sites started by a guy who pirated our parts list and other information from the Monacoers Yahoo Group to start his group. I also stated that if you were a member or became a member of that group you will not be allowed to be a member of the Bill D's Monacoers.org  group. This guy is misleading  our members into joining his group and will not be tolerated here.

IF YOU WANT TO STILL BE A MEMBER OF Bill D's Monacoers GROUP, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP FROM THE Monacoers@groups.io GROUP

We Welcome you as a member of the Bill D's Monacoers.org Group and hope you will stay.

Please let us know!

Dave,

One of our members has yet again accused bill g (me, hotrod) of being groups.io . That is totally false and FB monacoers has nothing to do with monacoers.groups.io or visualsc or bill Johnson . 

bill g aka hotrod

06 Dynasty

14 hours ago, Hotrod said:

Dave,

One of our members has yet again accused bill g (me, hotrod) of being groups.io . That is totally false and FB monacoers has nothing to do with monacoers.groups.io or visualsc or bill Johnson . 

bill g aka hotrod

06 Dynasty

Bill,  Someone might have confused you with the guy who set up the  "groups.io Bill's Monacoers".  This is getting crazy... was that accusation made on the FB page?   I'll go there later to check.