Need AGS advice

Jerry G

2001 Monaco Dynasty w/Trace RV 2012 and RC7GS remote. 

AGS stopped working. Won't auto start or stop. Between a tech and Zantrex prod support it is not repairable. Generator starts fine from all other switches.

Everything else works, inverting, charging, other monitors.

Am looking for an AGS system that I can have put in as I'd prefer to not replace the inverter until we add a Solar system in @ a year or so.

Any suggestions on what to buy, where and what to be aware of.

Thanks for any help as I'm an electronics dummy.

If you can't get an other RC7GS, and go the Magnum route, you would need the universal type that works with Xantrex. I was going to install one myself for our Trace 3012, for temperature triggered start and bought a used one but never did install it, yet. If you can't find one, I'd let mine go for what I paid, $100. But I think you still can get a new one.

When I thought I had a problem with my Xantrex Trace 2012 I called their customer service line, told the guy my symptoms and he said my unit was bad and gave me all the info to replace with a new unit.

So I pulled my unit out, not anything really serviceable but for the heck of it I called a Trace repair place in TN not too far from me for a second opinion.  Told him my symptoms and he said my inverter was fine and pointed me in the right direction to get me back up and running. 

I'd try and call a repair facility and see what they say.  The inverter itself my be fine, it may be your display. 

2 hours ago, Jerry G said:

Am looking for an AGS system that I can have put in as I'd prefer to not replace the inverter until we add a Solar system in @ a year or so.

Any suggestions on what to buy, where and what to be aware of.

Thanks for any help as I'm an electronics dummy.

https://www.cummins.com/generators/motorhome-and-rv/wireless-rv-auto-generator-start-system

15 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Careful with the Cummins wireless system. There's a spec chart so it won't work with early Onan gen sets. I bought it and it's sitting on the desk still. My gen is a Spec A, the first tech guy from Cummins said no workey. I trying to get ahold of another guy up in Indiana that may be able to tell me how to retro fit it.

If you go the magnum route, be aware that it requires one more wire than the xantrex setup. Maybe this is also the case with others, I wouldn’t know. 
On my rig, I found that the required wire (gen run signal, which the hour meter also uses) was in the harness and in a pigtail about 6’ from the inverter. But I’ve read stories about others going to great lengths to pull this wire back from the gen

Cheers

Walter