Onan AGS

Rikadoo

So im contemplating installing a AGS system and i just discovered Onan has a wireless system thats litterally a plug an play. Of course you have to set the parimeters but in trying to find ANY reviews has been dificult to say the least. I like the idea however i have a few questions about it, 

*what happins if you dont have your phone to control it? 

*if the generator has a issue and it shuts down, will the AGS continue to restart?

if you sell your rig how do the new owners assume command?

*is the temp sender you recieve with the kit wireless?

20 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

So im contemplating installing a AGS system and i just discovered Onan has a wireless system thats litterally a plug an play. Of course you have to set the parimeters but in trying to find ANY reviews has been dificult to say the least. I like the idea however i have a few questions about it, 

*what happins if you dont have your phone to control it? 

*if the generator has a issue and it shuts down, will the AGS continue to restart?

if you sell your rig how do the new owners assume command?

*is the temp sender you recieve with the kit wireless?

It looks like the product has just been announced (sept 2021) and could be a great add-on. I have old AGS and it does not monitor coach temperatures. The web page is quite vague and I couldn't find any other mention on Onan's website. 

https://www.cummins.com/news/releases/2021/09/17/cummins-introduces-new-ec-ags-wireless-control-system-onan-generator-sets

This is one for any of us interested to keep on the lookout for additional info. 

Edited by Grampy OG
  • Thanks 1

I bought it, and its sitting on my desk. My 10kw Onan on a 2003 Beaver is a "Spec A" I called their Tech Support and one guy said it wont work.  I didn't return it yet (although I generated the return) just on his word and called another Onan tech guy a couple weeks later (last Tuesday) and he wanted me to call a guy in Indiana because he thought that one might know how to retro fit it. I called and left a message and will try again next week.  My model # is a 10HDCAA Spec A which isn't listed on the compatibility chart so I haven't  busted the box open and tried it yet. But given the following note on the post you left I'm tempted to bust it open and give it a shot.

Please note, the EC-AGS+ pairs with every Onan generator, with the exception of the Onan QD3200.

This was the note I found in the install manual:

Capture.PNG

Here's what my Data Tag looks like:

Onan Data Tag.jpg

Edited by BigNick