Lucked out…only on the side of the road for 2 hours!

Ivylog

Headed south yesterday… got 10 miles and large cloud of white mist out the back…antifreeze everywhere. Friend saw us on the side of the road and called our son-in-law so didn’t have to remove the toad to go get parts. Took several times of having the DW starting  the engine while I watched underneath to finally find the leak. Fortunately just a heater hose and $4 in parts (plex splice and 2 clamps) plus 8 gallons of antifreeze and back on the road…hadn’t planned on changing the antifreeze as it had tested good.

The 1” section I replaced had a thin area running long ways, but not from having been rubbing on anything…we’ll supported and zip tied against another heater hose. Probably a defect from day one. I did a thorough inspection of the various hoses in the engine area when I bought the rig 3 years ago without finding anything that concerned me.

• Like 2

If you think you saw miore GA State Patrol on Wednesday, you’re right as 90% of the force was on duty before the holiday. One stopped to see if he could help. I had already headed to town for parts and he stayed until we got back on the road. Doubt it made any difference that our daughter had taught his daughter in the local school. It’s a job I don’t envy, especially in today’s environment.

E3C3BEE4-AF61-460F-9967-934DD9A83140.jpeg

16 hours ago, Flyinhy said:

You got that right. Those guys don't get paid near enough to put up with what's going on in our country today. 

Careful what you say about political climate, some one with the initials Mel will call you out and read the riot act.