Monacoers Daily Digest

Newsletter

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/617-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

New tires coming..........
dl_racing427
bedroom fan
RichardA
bedroom fan
USMC E-5
Happy Thanksgiving
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Amp draw
W7BE_Bob
2004 Monaco Signature for sale
Dave Hinds
Speedo Lights
RoadTripper2084
Amp draw
W7BE_Bob
Happy Thanksgiving
Jim McFarland
Happy Thanksgiving
Paul Busch
6Wheels
Need AGS advice
wamcneil
Cookin your bird
Rikadoo
120v electric in flat floor slide
Larry Laursen
Happy Thanksgiving
RekaAnn$
Happy Thanksgiving
Chuck D
Cookin your bird
RIPPPA
Onan AGS
Rikadoo
Happy Thanksgiving
Chargerman
Replacement striker bolt
slaterson1
Intermittent Turbo Issues
top flight
Replacement striker bolt
Paul A.
bedroom fan
96 EVO
bedroom fan
isptbart
Bwolff52
Chargerman
NLA reverse light sealed beam
moxy1962
Replacement striker bolt
slaterson1
Amp draw
Grampy OG
Heat Pump Compressor Died? - FIXED
Corgidad
Happy Thanksgiving
BlueCastleRV
1nolaguy
moxy1962
1nolaguy
Rikadoo
Scotty Hutto
Scotty Hutto

New tires coming..........
dl_racing427
On 7/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, FishAR said:

This all came together pretty quick. They called me back and said I can probably have them installed next Wednesday. 

Also said their installer would prefer to install them at his shop and they'd knock $200 off if I drove it there. I told them the tires were dated 2010 and I was afraid to drive it there, that's why I used their service. I can only imagine what it would cost if I popped a tire on that 15 mile drive.

Heck, for $200 I'd drive it 15mph the whole way.  Plus, you get it done where he has all his equipment there to do it safely, and without scratching your wheels. LOL

bedroom fan
RichardA

Mine only worked with 120 volt shore power 

2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador

bedroom fan
USMC E-5

checked every fuse location in MH except the location i havent found. It is 12volt as i had to replace it once,not a very good fan reguardless.May look for nice 6''cover. thanks for input.   Bill

Happy Thanksgiving
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Monaco Coach Fans!!!!  May you and your family have a very Blessed Day!!!   

Chuck & Mary Boros

Amp draw
W7BE_Bob
On 11/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Grampy OG said:

I don't know/understand the reason and neither does Progressive but the phantom voltage only appears on the Progressive (all 4 of them) when my Xantrex (circa 2003) is bulk charging. Absorption and Float seem to read reliably on the Progressive meters. 

Interesting post. Apparently there is some level of interference between the 2 units. The Xantrex could be the problem or both units could be contributing. Bulk charging means ramping up the voltage with maximum amps and then absorb begins to taper the amps. Perhaps the Progressive is not a RMS voltmeter?

Dave Hinds

George, I can't find a way to turn the pics upright.  There isn't an option to flip the pic that I can find anywhere........  If the moderator can flip them please do it....

Dave

Thank you 6 wheels,  That works for me... Now just need someone who wants a great coach at a fair price that has been maintained meticulously...

Dave Hinds

djhinds68@gmail.com

Speedo Lights
RoadTripper2084

It's probably just 2 plastic molds that snap together. Can you post a pic?

If so, you can carefully separate the halves with a plastic spudger or old credit card at a 45deg angle. I've even used thin flat head screwdrivers but that will likely mark the plastic edge a bit (not that anyone will see it under the dash).

Amp draw
W7BE_Bob

The basics: For 120/240 50A single phase shore power the neutral wire is the same size as the 2 hot wires and carries the DIFFERENCE of the amps on the two hots. The neutral cannot be used to display the total amps. This is the exact same power supplied to houses except that a house has a higher amp rating like 200A. For 20A and 30A circuits the hot and neutral carry the same amps. 

My Intellitec defaults to 30A when it detects 0V between the 2 hots and in that case a single sensor on the neutral can display the amps for 20A and 30A. It cannot determine the difference between 20A and 30A and hence requires me to push a button when on 20A. This is for load shedding on 20A and 30A. 

The NEC recommends limiting the power to 80% for sustained loads or 24A on a 30A circuit. And 2 ACs in hot weather will qualify. This is one reason why 30A plugs often show signs of overheating. 

Neither the Progressive or Intellitec units are calibrated so a display difference of a few amps is normal and consistent in price with more accurate and calibrated devices. 

Note: All bets are off for a miswired 50A circuit which is not common and in direct violation of the NEC code. But some CGs do so because it’s expensive to install 50A power.

Happy Thanksgiving
Jim McFarland

Thank you Chuck. I feel blessed just getting another year to be with family. Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

Jim M

Happy Thanksgiving
Paul Busch

Thanks, happy thanksgiving to you. My favorite holiday.

paulb

6Wheels

Dave, just blew my wad on a new home.  Otherwise I would be first in line!

2001 dynasty tag axle, passenger seat fusr location?
Corkman

I have a 2001 Dynasty with tag, here are the pics of the fuse panel located outside below the drivers seat.

As best I can tell the seat (not sure if both) is a circuit breaker located on the left side of the compartment, mid way up. There are four self resting circuit breakers, the power seat is the second from the top.

Hope this helps

Bill

Fuse Schematic.JPG

Picture of fuse panel.JPG

moxy1962
5 minutes ago, Corkman said:

I have a 2001 Dynasty with tag, here are the pics of the fuse panel located outside below the drivers seat.

As best I can tell the seat (not sure if both) is a circuit breaker located on the left side of the compartment, mid way up. There are four self resting circuit breakers, the power seat is the second from the top.

Hope this helps

Bill

Fuse Schematic.JPG

Picture of fuse panel.JPG

Perfect thank you 

Need AGS advice
wamcneil

If you go the magnum route, be aware that it requires one more wire than the xantrex setup. Maybe this is also the case with others, I wouldn’t know. 
On my rig, I found that the required wire (gen run signal, which the hour meter also uses) was in the harness and in a pigtail about 6’ from the inverter. But I’ve read stories about others going to great lengths to pull this wire back from the gen

Cheers

Walter 

Cookin your bird
Rikadoo

Happy Thanksgiving everyone😎 after talking to my sister about our two different cooking styles figure i would querry everyone here on yours.

For the last several years i have been using my Weber kettle with kingsford charcoal, the day before i cook the bird i use a rub that i smear under the skin of the breast, then use the rest on the outside. I put it back in the frige overnight, the next day i build a indirect fire, put a drip pan in the middle an let it go. I cook mine w/o stuufing at about 13 min per pound, let it go to temp, pull it off an let it rest about 30 min then slice it up an dig in. The best part for me is thats “my contribution” towards the meal, by that i mean i tell everyone its a science that requires intence concentration, which requires i stay hydrated 16 ounces at a time🍻😜

last year i bought a rotisserie for the kettle an after talking with sis, im gonna buy another bird an see how it turns out. If anyone has some expertise on doing one that way i would love some hints.

Larry Laursen

The wiring comes into the slide on your 06 Endeavor from the bottom.  There is a round plastic tube that extends into the compartment that houses the wires.  The refrigerator wires come up through the floor probably under the bathroom sink.  The routing is probably along the sidewall into the fridge compartment.  It depends on the coach layout.  Look for a covered wire chase.  In mine it is covered with the wood veneer and goes from the vanity to the wall behind the toilet along the outside wall.  The wiring comes up from the compartment space below with the plumbing, tank sensing wires, and sink drain.  My unit also has a furnace under the fridge where the gas comes through the floor.  I wired in a 3 way switch for the bedroom light and installed it in the hallway control center so the light could be turned on and off from both the hallway and bedside.

It will be a real challenge to route this wire to the slide-out.  Some units had a flexible wireway to hold the wires under slide that folded as the slide came in.

Happy Thanksgiving
RekaAnn$

Happy Thanksgiving to all‼️🦃🍽🍁

Happy Thanksgiving
Chuck D

Yes, have a very BLESSED Day and a thankful day.

Cookin your bird
RIPPPA

Rub under skin and outside. Cool on  Traeger 350 degrees 4 hrs to temp. Yum yum 

Onan AGS
Rikadoo

So im contemplating installing a AGS system and i just discovered Onan has a wireless system thats litterally a plug an play. Of course you have to set the parimeters but in trying to find ANY reviews has been dificult to say the least. I like the idea however i have a few questions about it, 

*what happins if you dont have your phone to control it? 

*if the generator has a issue and it shuts down, will the AGS continue to restart?

if you sell your rig how do the new owners assume command?

*is the temp sender you recieve with the kit wireless?

Happy Thanksgiving
Chargerman

Thanks everyone!

Here’s to a very happy Thanksgiving to everyone at my favorite and most valued site. Thanks for all of your help and support throughout the year and a special shout out of thanks to all who maintain and keep this site going. You are appreciated. 

Gauge upgrade-2005 Diplomat 400 ISL
cpat_39

John, Instead of chasing all the sensor, etc. You might consider BlueFire Adapter and software. https://bluefire-llc.com/store No I am not an agent or rep for this product that I have used for last 3 years in our 2000 Diplomat. BlueFire works through the ECM and gives you more accurate information than the many sensors Monaco installed on the engine. Be happy to communicate with you or anyone else about my experience. Having an older engine I do not get the data available to you with your 2005 engine. 

Your Fellow Romer

Pat C

Replacement striker bolt
slaterson1

Hey everyone, my wife and I are brand new Monacoers, we have just picked up a beautiful 2004 Executive and love it so far. I noticed the other day that the lower striker bolt was missing from the entry door. I have tried a few from Amazon that looked like they would would work but none have. Does anyone know where I can source a replacement? Thanks so much!

Intermittent Turbo Issues
top flight

Problem solved. After two major repair facilities could not solve the problem, Inland Trucking and Trailer in Niagara Region, Canada solved the problem in no time flat.  Turned out that the vacuum tube was broken, they replaced it ($500.00 can part) and bingo, turbo works great.  If you need repairs in the Buffalo, Niagara Canda region, Inland are amazing.  They even kept our coach in a heated garage while waiting for parts and they did not run the bill up.

Lucked out…only on the side of the road for 2 hours!
Ivylog

Headed south yesterday… got 10 miles and large cloud of white mist out the back…antifreeze everywhere. Friend saw us on the side of the road and called our son-in-law so didn’t have to remove the toad to go get parts. Took several times of having the DW starting  the engine while I watched underneath to finally find the leak. Fortunately just a heater hose and $4 in parts (plex splice and 2 clamps) plus 8 gallons of antifreeze and back on the road…hadn’t planned on changing the antifreeze as it had tested good.

The 1” section I replaced had a thin area running long ways, but not from having been rubbing on anything…we’ll supported and zip tied against another heater hose. Probably a defect from day one. I did a thorough inspection of the various hoses in the engine area when I bought the rig 3 years ago without finding anything that concerned me.

bedroom fan
96 EVO

Went to check on mine, and that's where it is. Behind the 6"X6" fuse cover to the right of the breaker panel.

bedroom fan
isptbart
7 hours ago, RichardA said:

Mine only worked with 120 volt shore power 

2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador

Richard - strange, my 07 HR Scepter is 12V,

Bwolff52

Thanks for the info.

Chargerman

On my flat floor slide there is a ribbon cable underneath near the rear. You can see it when the slide is open. All power is fed through that and then up into the bottom of the cabinet at the dinette. The cabinet has a false floor in it that is easily removed by removing the couple screws. The screws are kind of hidden in the carpet like material. If you can’t see them drag the tip of your Phillips head along the carpet and you’ll run into them

moxy1962

Has any one found a replacement or solution to burnt out reverse lights?

moxy1962
6 hours ago, moxy1962 said:

Perfect thank you 

all fixed, power wise, transmission is still shot for forward and reverse on passenger seat, looking for 6 way power seat carriage, my coach has Villa seats if anyone has a lead, over $500.00 US for replacement.

Replacement striker bolt
slaterson1

Thanks so much, just ordered from NW.

Amp draw
Grampy OG
8 hours ago, W7BE_Bob said:

Interesting post. Apparently there is some level of interference between the 2 units. The Xantrex could be the problem or both units could be contributing. Bulk charging means ramping up the voltage with maximum amps and then absorb begins to taper the amps. Perhaps the Progressive is not a RMS voltmeter?

It is so perplexing because I have put the clamp-on ammeter literally 4 inches from the Progressive. It is so odd to me that theirs are the only meters that measure differently. In my case I have given up the chase and will honor it's ability to kill the surges and I will measure my amp draw without relying on their readouts. 

Ivylog

If you think you saw miore GA State Patrol on Wednesday, you’re right as 90% of the force was on duty before the holiday. One stopped to see if he could help. I had already headed to town for parts and he stayed until we got back on the road. Doubt it made any difference that our daughter had taught his daughter in the local school. It’s a job I don’t envy, especially in today’s environment.

E3C3BEE4-AF61-460F-9967-934DD9A83140.jpeg

Corgidad

Scotty, last night heat pump quit blowing hot air and today AC did not blow cold, fans working in all speeds. I have the same Duo-Therms as you. I will get on the roof tomorrow and start troubleshooting but would love to see the file that you referenced in your post. I can not find it anywhere would you be so kind as to guide me in the right direction. Before you changed the start capacitor did you check it meter or was there visible damage that made you think it was your problem. Thanks in advance, Mike ( from Grand Oaks)

Happy Thanksgiving
BlueCastleRV

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone 😊

2004 Monaco Diplomat 38PST

96 EVO

Mike, don't know if you will be so lucky, but, when one of my start capacitors and HTCP(?) blew, it was very obvious just looking at them!

1nolaguy

I replaced mine with LEDA. Same with turn signals and break lights.

moxy1962

What did you replace with 

Flyinhy

Something similar happened to me yesterday. My bedroom unit quit working. I took the cover off and I could smell something burnt. The fan motor went bad. I can spin it and it will start working. I completely unhooked the wires from the junction box. I've tried to use the furnace with the motorhome on shore power but the vents never blow hot air. I took the cover off the aqua hot and I have hot water coming out and I can hear the circulation pumps working but that's about where I had to stop today.....more rain and cold weather coming through. Thank goodness I still have 2 more units on the roof that are still working. Good to hear your fix was simple and easy.....

Flyinhy
2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

It’s a job I don’t envy, especially in today’s environment.

You got that right. Those guys don't get paid near enough to put up with what's going on in our country today. 

1nolaguy

For our rv I believe the oem bulbs were 1156 & 1157 type. I just bought LWD versions at Advanced Auto.

Ivan K

I'd say that if you can spin the fan shaft and it runs, you need a new capacitor. With the AH, if you don't feel hot fluid in the outlet hose to effected zone, knock on the check valve above outlet of that zone pump to unstuck it. Stay warm.

Rikadoo

Thats strange to burn out reverse lights… i think in my pick up over the last 10 years i have burned 1 out. Its funney you should mention replacing bulbs, i had changed the sockets to accept the latest version bulb… the socket was so big that when the bulb was in it stuck out too far so i had to put the old style back in… So givin the bulbs lack of brightness i have decided to “upgrade” my lighting option, Now im not going to connect them to the reverse light circuit, instead im going to connect my add on bulbs to the docking light circuit. These lights will mount to the reciever hitch frame in the rear. I figure these lights will be awsome when hooking up my truck on the dolly or assist when backing up. I bought them on amazon an were inexpensive. 51305FC6-A962-402D-9F9C-4D308B748EAA.thumb.jpeg.1451e593803f19b4dfccef5ba122294c.jpeg

Scotty Hutto

Here’s the service / troubleshooting manual @Frank McElroy Can you make sure this is in the files  

Duo-Therm AC Heat Pump Service Manual.pdf

Scotty Hutto

Also, there is a procedure in that manual to check the capacitor with an ohm meter. I used that procedure to check my caps. 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.