M 80 sheppard steering box replacement

He is the Monacoers contact person and will give you a discount on the cost of the TRW Steering box when you let him know that you are a member. Kudos to Craig French for setting this up as Craig is the one that did most of the background work evaluating the Sheppard Steering box and the conversion to the TRW Steering Box.

When I had mine done I contacted Brent who ordered the correct TRW box based on what Sheppard Box I had on my Windsor. Paid for it plus a core charge and he sent it to the Tampa Weller plant who then delivered it to Josam's in Orlando. Josam's did the swap for me including the new pitman arm that was needed. Once Weller had the old Sheppard box back they sent me a credit on my CC for the core charge.

Have you checked all the physical connections to the steering box to make sure there is no play in any of the joints/pins etc.

I know there is not much if any adjustment on the Sheppard but I'd rule out any other problems before changing out the steering box.  If you can't find any other problems then changing to a TRW is the way to go.

Curious to know what it cost.  I hand the Sheppherd rebuilt on my 03 Diplomat at Redlands Truck & RV the cost nearly $2700. Steering is much better but still has a tendency to wander.

You might want to talk to Mike Bronzoni at Redlands Truck & RV. He can address the quality of the rebuild from a company they use. He said the rebuild was much better than the original.  When they rebuilt it I had a Safe T plus added as well. Steering and handling much better.  As I mentioned before it still has a tendency to wander a bit. 

Mike's number is 909-792-0314

• 2 months later...
Guest CjnCook

First off let me say thanks to all the attendees at the 2022 Rally at Lazydays. Many new friends and impossible to quantify the enormous amount of experience and knowledge driving Monacos across the US. Makes newbies like me so very grateful to be in your company. And know to my question. Can you tell from the picture what model steering box I have?  Assuming it's a Sheppard since it doesn't have an adjustment. 

20220221_153115.jpg