Refrigerator Fuse

slaterson1

Hey everyone, I am having a fridge problem, naturally. We have a Norcold 1200, 4-door fridge, it has stopped cooling and there is no power going to the control panel. I have consulted my wiring diagram book and looked all over this thing trying to find a fuse and haven't been able to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's a 2004 Executive 42SBW if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Not sure about the location on your rig, the 5 amp fuse is located in outside compartment under the drivers seat on my Holiday Rambler Endeavor,

8 minutes ago, Jim Byrd said:

Not sure about the location on your rig, the 5 amp fuse is located in outside compartment under the drivers seat on my Holiday Rambler Endeavor,

I looked there and don't see anything other than mostly chassis fuses, nothing that explicitly says refer at least.

Does your fridge not run off of the house breaker panel in the bedroom? That is where mine comes from

I had difficulty in finding it on mine. it was listed on the fuse index inside the cover.

13 minutes ago, nvrtoofast said:

Does your fridge not run off of the house breaker panel in the bedroom? That is where mine comes from

I can't tell really, there is no label for the refrigerator, the only thing close would be the galley lights/rope lights. I pulled the fuse panel off the wall and all the wires are white, not the color shown on the labels. Either way there are no blown fuses there, I pulled and checked them all. Maybe I'm just slow or missing something. 

16384635748212382724741377884046.jpg

Dane,

My 2002 Windsor has one fuse located in an overhead cabinet in the bedroom on a House fuse panel.

Then on the backside of the fridge itself there is a control board which has two fuses, one tubular Glass Fuse and one spade type 5 amp fuse. I have forgotten what thay are for but you may want to check those also.

Rad arrows point to the two fuses on the control board.

Norcold Control Board.jpg

Domestic 12 VDC Fuse Descriptions.jpg

Domestic 12 VDC Fuse Panel.jpg

Edited by Dr4Film
Added two more photos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Dane,

My 2002 Windsor has one fuse located in an overhead cabinet in the bedroom on a House fuse panel.

Then on the backside of the fridge itself there is a control board which has two fuses, one tubular Glass Fuse and one spade type 5 amp fuse. I have forgotten what thay are for but you may want to check those also.

I'm going to check the board on the back of the fridge right now, problem is I'm not getting 12v to the connection feeding the board, which is why I suspect a fuse back upstream somewhere, just can't find it.

I was going to say the same  thing Richard. I wonder if he just needs to run a magnet over the black box to reset it, every time I wash my couch I have to go out and reset the refrigerator with a magnet. I’ve seen posts about how to do it but it’s pretty easy just go stick a magnet on it until you hear it click. I pray that’s all it is good luck. 

Don

I had the same problem and got by resetting the system with a magnet until one day after resetting it kicked again and I noticed a yellow dust under the fridge.  My system failed but fortunately I didn't have a fire.  I've since replaced with a Samsung, top of the list as one of my modes on my coach.

1 hour ago, slaterson1 said:

I can't tell really, there is no label for the refrigerator, the only thing close would be the galley lights/rope lights. I pulled the fuse panel off the wall and all the wires are white, not the color shown on the labels. Either way there are no blown fuses there, I pulled and checked them all. Maybe I'm just slow or missing something. 

16384635748212382724741377884046.jpg

My refrigerator 12v DC is connected to the CHASSIS battery. you need to look at the chassis fuse list that can be found on the inside of the cover located in the compartment under the drivers seat.

So the whole refrigerator is dead, nothing showing on the inside panel, no power coming in on the 12v wire feeding the board on the back of the fridge, no fuses blown on the board, no lights lit up, no nothing. There is no fuse labeled for the refrigerator in the front run box under the drivers seat, nor the rear run box in the engine compartment. The wire is not shown or labeled anywhere in any of the probably 100 pages of wiring diagrams. This makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

No comment in regards to the high temp black box? What is the status of that box??

High temp box is in place with no lights lit. There is no power coming to the 12v wire that is feeding it. 

49 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Our coach is years older but there still might be some similarity. Our Refer is on a breaker in D side RRB.

IMG_1748.JPG

I looked in the rear run box but I still don't see a spot marked refer. I am at a loss, I refuse to believe that there isn't a marked and accessible fuse for the refrigerator on this coach. So weird.

For what it's worth, I had to replace a thermal fuse on my son's motorhome. His refrigerator was a Dometic not a a Norcold. When it went out the whole refrigerator went completely dead. It was on the back near the burner. However, if there's no power at all to the unit, you most likely have a different problem.

You may have fixed your problem,  but on my 05 diplomate my 12 volt fused feed comes from a control board located on the back of the fridge. Go outside to the refer access panel, open and inside there is a black plastic cover (box). Take that cover off and you will see the fuse. Real treat to get to. Mine is located in the upper left behind the access panel. 

20 hours ago, slaterson1 said:

So the whole refrigerator is dead, nothing showing on the inside panel, no power coming in on the 12v wire feeding the board on the back of the fridge, no fuses blown on the board, no lights lit up, no nothing. There is no fuse labeled for the refrigerator in the front run box under the drivers seat, nor the rear run box in the engine compartment. The wire is not shown or labeled anywhere in any of the probably 100 pages of wiring diagrams. This makes no sense.

Is your fridge in a slideout? After finding and replacing all three fuses mentioned above—to no avail—I found a loose Molex connection where it transitions from the chassis to the slide. It was under the floor of the cabinets behind the dining room table.  Good luck!

On 12/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, Dr4Film said:

Dane,

Sorry it's taken me a bit to update this thread, but the long and short of it is the fridge works again. Dr4Film was the winner, when I pulled the cover off the control board the 5A fuse was blown, I replaced it and all was good. I also located the main fuse in the rear run box, it was in the #5 fuse panel along with the AquaHot fuse, the label just had some gunk on it and was hard to read. So anyway, thanks to everyone, I'm new to pushers and am learning a lot thanks to this forum!

On 12/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, Bootlegger 659 said:

You may have fixed your problem,  but on my 05 diplomate my 12 volt fused feed comes from a control board located on the back of the fridge. Go outside to the refer access panel, open and inside there is a black plastic cover (box). Take that cover off and you will see the fuse. Real treat to get to. Mine is located in the upper left behind the access panel. 

I did fix it by doing exactly this. Mine wasn't too bad to access but yes, I can see where if the access was any smaller it could be tough. Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, slaterson1 said:

I did fix it by doing exactly this. Mine wasn't too bad to access but yes, I can see where if the access was any smaller it could be tough. Thanks for the tip.

Did you determine whether you had the recall done on your fridge where they install a black box the detects high temps in the flue and if it senses high temps shuts down the fridge?

14 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Did you determine whether you had the recall done on your fridge where they install a black box the detects high temps in the flue and if it senses high temps shuts down the fridge?

Yes, the recall has been done, it has the box and the high temp cutoff sensor in the flue.