Generator/Water pump indicatior lights

Last month  the light that indicates if the generator is on stopped working. This happened on the dash button, as well as, the control center light. At this same time the pump indication light in the bathroom stopped working.

I purchased a new light and tested it for the gen and pump. But neither work. Oddly, the indication light for the pump at the control center works.

I have two questions here.

- is it coincidence or are these things linked?

- Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a Cummins/Onan generator, the connector between the coach and the generator will cause the light failure. This is a 6 to 10 pin connector and, although it has some weather protection, it will get dirty and pins/sockets will corrode or oxidize causing bad connections. The connector is easily seen near the front of the generator when slid out. One pin within this bundle is responsible for the referenced light and a signal to the auto generator start/stop. If the signal (light) isn't working, the auto start/stop won't work either.

It's not difficult to disassemble the connector and clean it up but you may also find that one or more pins/sockets in the bundle aren't tíght enough. Some minor bending of the bad socket and some WD-40 or similar can also help.

-Jamie

- No connection between the two. Great.

- Not a multiplex system.

- Checked the plug at the gen and it was in good shape. Worked on it briefly. no change.

- Still working on the pump light

- Wondering if the dashlight/switch going out broke the circuit and the second light will not work until the dash light is fixed. The light on the switch on the gen works as expected. Being an 06 the light burning out makes sense to me and was not a surprise. do I have to change out the switch? Or can i change the light without changing the switch? Thoughts?

Bryan, I'm confused. In your initial post it sounded like you said the generator light on the dash switch was out and in your last post it sounds like the dash generator IS working.

You should have a light on the generator dash switch as well as a light on the Intellitec panel when the generator is running. The Intellitec light says "GEN SET". If you are missing both of these it is the generator connector and things won't work correctly if missing. If you have the GEN SET light and no switch light your connector is good but your switch bulb is out and you need to replace the switch to get it back working. I have replaced the bad bulbs with an LED on some of mine but it's not a simple task.

Also sounds like your pump light is out. Should not be any connection between the two lights failing 

-Jamie

Understand the confusion. The switch that is working is the switch directly on the generator. I checked this one just to make sure there was not an internal problem in the generator. Both lights in side are out. Thank you for the heads up on switch. Will grab a new one and replace. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

The timing of the Pump light was coincidence. If not still odd.