Centramatic balancers for 2005 Signature?

55 minutes ago, pwhittle said:

Getting ready to order a set of Centramatics for our 2005 Signature.

Does anyone have the model numbers for all 3 axles?

Thanks

Paul

Tough to figure out with their website.  The receipt for my steers with disk brakes shows 800-820, I think the drives are 600-640 and drum tag is unknown.  I would call them to make sure to get the correct ones.  I like them and have used them for nearly 10 years now, I moved 4 of them from my last coach (non-tag) which had drum brakes and just had to get a pair for the Signature front disk brakes.  The drives use the same Centramatics for disk or drum and are much heavier than the non-dual wheel part.

I sometimes wonder if a very rough road will make them go out of balance for a short time.  I can 't tell if it's the road or the balancing but some roads sure put the balancers and the drivers patience to test.

They sent me a wrong model for the tags the first time I called. Too small for the tag drum. According to my notes,  I needed 800820 vs 600630. They took care of the return arrangements so all good. If I remember right, inside measurement of the drum is what they use.

@Mocephus ordered and installed the same part numbers Centramatics gave me.

I ordered them from Florida Shores Truck Center. About $100 less than Centramatics and free shipping.

I’ll update the thread when we fit them.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

Guest Ray Davis
19 minutes ago, granvillebarker said:

This is the first I've heard of these Centramatics wheel balancers.   The only benefit I saw was an increase in tire life, but I've had to replace my tires twice due to age, they hardly showed any wear.   

--

Granville Barker

With Centramatics or Balance Masters you don't have to pay the tire shop for balancing, and you use them again and again when replacing tires.

Most of us have them on our front wheels only.   They are constantly balancing as you drive.

One reason I am using them is so the tire company can come to my house and fit new tires. They can’t balance on site, so the Centramatics take care of the balance.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

• 2 years later...

Strange 🤔!

Just read a post on IRV. Guy say's he pulled into a restaurant after descending Grapevine. When he came out, he claims there were little puddles under each steer tire.

Says his balancers melted from the excess brake heat!

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Is the tube plastic?

Nothing visible is plastic, not sure if inside the rolled up perimeter where the bearing balls are rolling. But judging by the metal on metal sound of the balls rolling, doubt there is plastic in it.

Thinking about the situation you described, I would suspect the inner wheel seal being damaged by the heat and leaking.

Edited by Ivan K
  • Like 1