Voltage from ground to neutral at pedestal

Is 4V from ground to neutral at the power pedestal on 50A acceptable?  The state park where I am has this on numerous pedestals.  We have been here since early October and everything is currently going well.  My surge protector gives zero errors and all my 120V is functioning well.  My EMS remote panel has been flashing periodically and Intellitec thinks it's failing and not related to the 4V. The rest of the 50A pedestal checks out fine and the park installed all new plugs in the pedestal after I asked them about this.  We checked 2 other nearby pedestals including one I was on for a few weeks and they show the same.  

Thanks,

Steven

Steven,

According to Mike Sokol, the RV Electricity Expert, you can have up to 3 volts on loaded circuits. So you are one volt off. Not sure if one volt is enough to worry about. I am not the expert but I know enough to be very dangerous to myself. LOL

http://noshockzone.org/rv-electrical-safety-part-iii-outlets/

Don't know how to contact Mike directly to ask, sorry.

RVelectricity: The dangers of rewiring 240-volt dryer and welder outlets -  RV Travel

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Thanks 1

Mike Sokol has a Facebook site. It’s called RV Electricity. You can post your questions there if you join.

• Thanks 1

The measured voltage is due to impedance in the neutral conductor as the equipment conductor carrie no load unless there is a fault. When in doubt choose a space as close to the subfeed panel as possible. RV parks located on the coast are the ones to be vary of. The NEC recommends a combined voltage drop of no more than 5 percent feeder and branch circuits.  I  suppose that is  the basis for the max 3 V recommendation. 

Edited by Gary Cole