U-Bolt torque

Im in the process of some front suspension work and am trying to find the torque required to retighten my front u bolts. I have not measured the size of the actuall bolts, they look to be 3/4 in. 2003 HR Endeavor with the roadmaster chassi i found a chart for trailer u bolts which shows 300 ft lbs, however not sure if application is the same torque.

Measure the outside diameter of the bolt (not the hex nut) and look up the torque in an engineering table.  The issue is figuring out if they are grade 5 or grade 8.  Usually the head is marked if they are grade 8 and they may be black.   

https://www.engineersedge.com/torque_table_sae_ftlbs.htm

Now the real question is why are you re-torqueing them?  

30 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Im in the process of some front suspension work and am trying to find the torque required to retighten my front u bolts. I have not measured the size of the actuall bolts, they look to be 3/4 in. 2003 HR Endeavor with the roadmaster chassi i found a chart for trailer u bolts which shows 300 ft lbs, however not sure if application is the same torque.

I would contact; http://sourcerv.com/ Experts on the Road Master chassis.

Edited by Paul A.
added info
  • Like 1

Reason for the retorque is that im installing a bracket for my Safe t system that attaches to two uf the u bolts an they dont supply a spec for. So before i start the job i want to get all the information BEFORE i disassemble. I borrowed a torque mulitplier so i dont have to pull so hard tightening them. There pretty dirty so i need to brush them clean to prep them for reassembly, i have all the required tools im just needing some specs…

• Like 1