Air Dump

CLIFF918

I am fairly new to this but have a question.

I have a 2002 Monaco Diplomat, the air dump switch only seems to work with the ignition in the on position.

That being said when I operate the switch the air purges very slowly. In other words you would have to hold down the switch for 10 min to completely dump the system.

Is this normal? And should I even worry about it. 

This is a new to me Monaco 

12 minutes ago, CLIFF918 said:

I have a 2002 Monaco Diplomat, the air dump switch only seems to work with the ignition in the on position.

That being said when I operate the switch the air purges very slowly. In other words you would have to hold down the switch for 10 min to completely dump the system.

Same coach, I’ve never been able to get mine to dump 

My manual says pump the brakes along with using the dump button. But I would like mine to dump faster also without pumping the brakes. A 2006 Dynasty was pulling behind me and his dumped without pumping brakes and only too less than 30 seconds. He said it’s always been like that.

Edited by Gary M

Cliff,

at the risk of sounding too,simple, check the dump valve exhaust ports for dirt daubers or other obstructions. My 2006 Dip won’t dump in 90 seconds, but it does dump completely on about 2-3 min. And yes, I lived with slow dumping for about two years before I cleaned out those ports. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On my 2000 HR Endeavour the dump opens when I hit the button with key "on". Turning the key off while the button is held results in the dump STAYING open. It takes about a minute to fully dump, but only seconds to lock the dump open using this sequence.

2004 Scepter - single dump valve in front, one each side rear. I dump when in accessory ignition position. Not sure if they dump when powered, my preference would be to not dump when the key is on. All the air in both tanks is flowing thru 1/4" airlines to the height control valve and then to the dump solenoids. If I am in a hurry, I open the manual dump valves on the tanks. Applying brakes as suggested would also lower the tank pressure quicker. The fitting on the upper port of the valves in the picture has a built in screen as others have said to keep stuff out of the valve. I would suggest removing the fittings and dumping system to see if that speeds up the process. 

HRS air dump solenoids L & R rear.JPG

I have a 2000 Diplomat that also drains the air sloooooooowly when the dash button is pressed. ACC power must be on (seems like a good safety feature, right?)

Shortcut:  While holding the dash button with my right hand (which seems to drain one of the the two air tanks, I use my left hand to PARTIALLY depress the parking brake (big metal knob) on the rear left.

I can drain it to 0 PSI in about 90 seconds.

Pressing the floor brake pedal can speed it up even more, although  you'll scare the neighbors :)

23 hours ago, CLIFF918 said:

Same coach, same function (slow) although mine will dump with the key to the ACC position which is one step counter clockwise fro off.  That way I can dump air without the low air beeping.    I pump the brakes down to 40 then I hold the dump air until the bags deflate.   The coach creeks as it settles on the frame.

You don't say which system you have.  I don't know what your 2002 Dip has.  On my 2005 Exec I have HWH Air Leveling (and HWH Hydraulic Jacks) and if I use the dump switch on the Air control panel, it will dump the air until the coach stops moving (down) in less than 30 seconds.  I never looked at the air pressure gauges, seems inmaterial to me what they might show.  

Maybe the Power Gear (I think that is the other Air system that Monaco used) has different dump valves.  But I think David has the best advice in checking to see if the dump valves are partially plugged or otherwise restricting the airflow.  

-Rick N.

6 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

You don't say which system you have.  I don't know what your 2002 Dip has.  On my 2005 Exec I have HWH Air Leveling (and HWH Hydraulic Jacks) and if I use the dump switch on the Air control panel, it will dump the air until the coach stops moving (down) in less than 30 seconds.  I never looked at the air pressure gauges, seems inmaterial to me what they might show.  

Maybe the Power Gear (I think that is the other Air system that Monaco used) has different dump valves.  But I think David has the best advice in checking to see if the dump valves are partially plugged or otherwise restricting the airflow.  

-Rick N.

About the same for me in my 03 Windsor with HWH air leveling and key off. Friend of mine has same model year with hydraulic leveling only and his dump is slow.

All,

Thanks for the tips

I just don't like things that do not work as they should or as I think they should.

The general consensus is that this is normal for this year coach so KLCDENVER the wedge under the switch wins and does not involve me crawling under this beast.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, Scotty Hutto said:

Cliff,

at the risk of sounding too,simple, check the dump valve exhaust ports for dirt daubers or other obstructions. My 2006 Dip won’t dump in 90 seconds, but it does dump completely on about 2-3 min. And yes, I lived with slow dumping for about two years before I cleaned out those ports. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Where are the dump valve exhaust ports actually located? TKS!

• Like 1