electrical outlets kitchen slide-out

gacress2

I own a 2001 38 foot Monaco Windsor.  I connected a small heater to an outlet on the kitchen slide-out.  Until a month ago, heater ran fine.  Nothing was being operated when heater stopped running.  Heater does ran on bathroom outlet.  All outlets on kitchen slide-out lost power.  Kitchen GFIC 20 amp breaker remained on and could be reset.  Breaker passed voltage & ohm check.  Replaced breaker = no power to outlet.  Went from external power to generator = still on power to outlet.  Probably missing something simple.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I had this happen a couple of years ago. The problem was in one of the junction boxes. In my case it was under the flooring of the cabinet under the sink. They used twist connects to join the wires and one had over heated and burnt up. It was very obvious when I opened the junction box. 

1 hour ago, gacress2 said:

I own a 2001 38 foot Monaco Windsor.  I connected a small heater to an outlet on the kitchen slide-out.  Until a month ago, heater ran fine.  Nothing was being operated when heater stopped running.  Heater does ran on bathroom outlet.  All outlets on kitchen slide-out lost power.  Kitchen GFIC 20 amp breaker remained on and could be reset.  Breaker passed voltage & ohm check.  Replaced breaker = no power to outlet.  Went from external power to generator = still on power to outlet.  Probably missing something simple.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I plugged a 1,500 watt small quartz heater into the wall receptacles.  These receptacles ran through my 1,000 watt inverter all winter.  It took several months but eventually the inverter fried.  $2,000. No symptoms until inverter reset button started needing to be pushed and breaker began to flip.

That happened to us a few years ago on our way to the Maintenance Session.  When we got there, Monaco techs came to our rig and explained how the outlets are daisy chained.  The connection in the one by the galley sink was bad, so none of the others worked. They had it fixed in less than 10 minutes.

AlanC2

02 Windsor PST