LED on at low level with switch off

Mi Bill

We have a 2009 Dynasty Regal IV. The Thinlite 62A two bulb florescent patio light died. I bought a florescent to LED conversion kit from Camping World. I took the dead ballast out and wired directly. When the switch is off, I still get a low level of light. What did I do wrong?

Thank you

Bill

Michigan

I am not sure what the kit consists of, but there appears to be some voltage when switch is turned off. If you have a multimeter check to see if you have some amount of voltage on your red and black wire. If your red wire has voltage, then your switch has a leak or there are some wires melted together from the switch to the lights. Hope this helps. 

I have some leds that glow for a little bit after being cut off.    Is it still visble after some time?   

I recently converted one of those but I just got a roll of LEDs and installed them.   They are peel and stick with two wires on the end red / black.   

CDA6A60A-D4D6-4028-BBAE-9C6B690F6A88.jpeg

449D7DB0-C686-4B1D-A457-2175DE9B6F07.jpeg

F63831C2-AE3E-4194-A3BF-6345FB23520F.jpeg

BD55B077-984D-4DAE-84C3-FD72E9B51E54.jpeg

Edited by granvillebarker
Typo

13 hours ago, granvillebarker said:

I recently converted one of those but I just got a roll of LEDs and installed them

I hope you have better luck with the led strips than I have. Multiple chips stop working and within less than 100 hours the remaining ones dim. Have replaced several used as night lights under bathroom cabinet. Instead of using a strip under the upper kitchen cabinets, I installed six 48 chip voltage regulated panels instead. Not as nice looking as a strip, but in 3 years, with a lot of use, every chip out of 576 are still working. Guarantee if I’d used a strip, that would not be true.

BC044105-E4EC-4662-9C87-C393186AF98A.jpeg