Dash Fan Motor Replacement

powersltc

Ron P.  2004 Monaco Executive 

I am checking to see if anyone has had the opportunity to change/replace the dash fan motor for the dash air conditioning and heater.

I turn it on and no response until it gets to high.  Make load squeaking, whining noise.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated. 

Ron P.  2004 Monaco Executive 

This happened on my 2006 dynasty a few years ago. I had to have the blower resistor replaced. I did not do it myself but tech said it was accessible from the generator compartment. It was not real easy to get to. I think he had to reach on top of blower box. The fan noise another issue. I believe that involves removing parts of the dash. 

Hi ,I have a 2008 holiday Rambler Neptune and just replaced my resistor that sounds like part of your trouble , it isnt easy but doable ,easy if you have the right size screw driver , you just have do it blind and feel , I could prbably do it in 45 min or less now. after doing it once it will be a lot easier next time. Not sure about your blower motor but they can be removed and sprayed with wd40 , mine is located above the generator very easy access

Good luck 

I would replace the fan motor and try it before replacing the resistor. The fans make a lot of noise when the bearings wear out. If you have to take it out to oil the bearings, don't bother. It's a temporary fix at best. Just replace it. If it still doesn't work on low then you most likely need a resistor also. Sorry I don't know how to access either of them on your motorhome.

The motor should have a part number somewhere on it. Once you remove it you’ll be able to see it.  Worst case, you may need to change out the squirrel cage.  They are normally secured with an Allen screw.  You may even have to swap out the backing plate.  Hopefully, you’ll be able to find an exact fit replacement.

Dan D, 2012 Diplomat 43DFT

I just got done doing my in Aug. I got the complete blower motor assembly with the wheel. This way I know the motor is balance. The wheel will have to come off and reassemble once it’s in the dash. Just make sure that you mark the wheel so it gets put back on in the same spot.

Before you start make sure that you have a assortment of Phillis screws driver and different length of the square driver (the more the better). The really short will help. Here’s the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CC226ZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Right now it’s Currently unavailable but there are other.

image.png.51bae747c930e01a180813b1977a6de3.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4DZB1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.png.d1af348a9b26c59e04497d2b28cc629b.png

There are many screws that you’ll have to feel around for and of cause the screws are not the same head type.

The computer tray, hand rail panel and the whole AC vent panel will have to come off. The AC vent panel will be really tight to get off and it might feel like all the screws did come off. The AC vent panel is the key in getting to the blower motor mounting screw. On the AC vent panel make sure that you get all the screws that screw into the side by the front door and the side screws that screw into the middle center console.

The center console tray will need to come out and on the right side of the end shelf slide mount, you will have to trim the corner wood piece off. You can see it in the picture

I hope this kind of explain it! I’m not to good of putting word on paper. It’s APITA to do the job but it can be done with out to much damage to the dash. Feel free to PM me.

Blower motor 1994 or 95 Chevy PU fan motor PM105 35588 Get it at your local auto parts store

NAPA part number 665-1076

1994 Chevy C1500 truck squirrel cage and motor - Advanced Auto Part # 35334

03 Executive Murray PM121

96 Safari Sahara NAPA P/N 655-177

This is the one I use on my 04 Executive. AC blower motor fan resister Standard Electric RU445. Will work but the connector Pug will need  to be drill out.

20210827_172445.jpg

20210827_153413.jpg

20210827_153341.jpg

20210827_153334.jpg

20210827_153248.jpg

22 hours ago, Radar22 said:

Thanks for posting the pictures. Only a one Lite beer job ? Looked like a 6 pack job to me. 

It was a little bit more than a 6 pack! LOL My buddy is the one in the picture and he isn't a sleep in the picture, just concentrating hard.