Gasser fuel economy

Hello?

we bought a 2095 Monaco monarch 30pdd in September to replace our older class c Winnebago. We’ve since put 3000 miles on it and we are averaging just over 10 mpg. This is about  what we were getting on the Winnie, both on ford chassis but with different engines, the triton v-10 on the Monaco and the 460 v8 on the Winnie.

im very happy with the economy but was just wondering what other class a gassers are getting for mpg

If anyone got over 10 mpg, I’d be shocked. V-10 is a great engine, I’ve owned a few in Trucks/excursions.

Get those plugs changed to 1 piece plugs if they aren’t already. An absolute PITA to get out when they break off. Ford had to come up with epoxy extraction kits for their techs 

Congrats on the new Coach!

I had a 34’ (actual length ~36’) Holiday Rambler Vacationer (gasser) pulling a Honda Pilot for several years. Mileage stayed in the 8-9 MPG range, got around 10 with no toad. Admittedly, I drove faster (around the speed limit) than I do now with the Dip. 

I’ve taken the advice of others on here over the years and slowed it down. I enjoy the trip more, have a lot less stress, and get better fuel economy. 

I drive what I'm comfortable with and sadly it's been creeping up 65-70 where it used to be 60-65.  My biggest avoidance is being the leader of the parade, but rarely am I leading a line of semis.  People want to get somewhere and even in the right most lane a slow moving vehicle can drag down an entire interstate.  I used to be one of "those guys" complaining about the slow moving vehicle.  Now I'm that "other guy" LOL. 

When I do the math that 40 miles at the end of a drive can mean a 45-50 minute earlier arrival.  At 2 am that's meaningful.  Still, I'm just along for the drive. 

- bob

• Like 2

In the 34' Monarch on am Workhorse chassis with a 8.1L I average about 8mpg. But I live out west and everywhere I go there are mountains. I usually drive between 60 and 65. I hate to hold up traffic. If I'm on a two lane highway I pull over frequently and let people go by.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the responses, I am very happy with my 10 mpg right now. I may someday take some of my restored motorcycles on a small trailer so I know I can expect less fuel economy then. I almost never go over 60 miles per hour just to help keep my money in my wallet so I guess I’m doing pretty good. 
thanks again and happy holidays 

Edited by Irishman1
Spelling

Geez, you guys are lucky.
I Ihad a Winnebago Elandon from 1985, with a 454.
No overdrive and I was towing about 9000 # with it. (About 3 times its rating). LOL
I never got more than about 5.5mpg, and often around 4.5, and that was after I got all the bugs worked out of the Quadrajet carb, and added Thorley headers.

It had 19.5" wheels and IIRC 5.13 gears.  Of course I was cruising at 65-70mph, 4,000+rpm, and it had it's tongue hanging out all the time. It did sound pretty good though. LOL