New To Us Coach in The Near Future

Dr4Film

Nice looking Dynasty with a great floor plan. Like the N-S bed with the TV hung from the ceiling, did the same thing in our 04 Dynasty. The residential refer install looks good…did they upgrade the inverter or is it a Samsung?

The Dynasty gives the most bang for the buck of the S-10 chassis plus it has the adjustable TRW box…great handling rig without any upgrades! Put 80K mikes on ours over 14 years.

Edited by Ivylog

19 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Very nice, the shower looks very spacious, what engine does it have? Are you staying with the same brand as your Windsor?

Rik, It has the ISL 400 with a Cummins ECM upgrade to 425HP According to the owner. It is a Monaco, won't own anything else!

19 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Nice looking Dynasty with a great floor plan. Like the N-S bed with the TV hung from the ceiling, did the same thing in our 04 Dynasty. The residential refer install looks good…did they upgrade the inverter or is it a Samsung?

The Dynasty gives the most bang for the buck of the S-10 chassis plus it has the adjustable TRW box…great handling rig without any upgrades! Put 80K mikes on ours over 14 years.

Dick, love the floor-plan too. It has a new Magnum MS-2012 PSW Inverter and the fridge is a Samsung RF-197.

17 hours ago, Donflem said:

Absolutely beautiful Richard. I love the bedroom layout. How long is it?

Don

Don, the 2006 Dynasty Countess III is a 42 Foot coach. We also like the bedroom layout. Lots of storage plus no need to slide the bed out when stopping for one night.

• Like 1

Wow............ Didn't see this coming my friend. Awesome. I am so happy for you both. Looks like it will be a great coach and it is a fact 2005/2006 were some of the very best quality years for Monaco.

Funny that despite our seniors years we sometimes keep reaching for change or something different to make our golden years more enjoyable. While we will hold onto our coach we are now looking at fun things that are different to enrich our lives. We have traveled extensively all over the USA and are now looking at staying closer to home. This very well could mean a yacht is in our future as we have the desire for seclusion in order to unwind and de-stress. Just so happens we both love being on the water fishing and lounging the day away and live minutes from the Gulf.

As if a coach isn't a maintenance headache a yacht presents all new possibilities of even more headaches. God help us. If I ever mention I am considering buying an airplane, someone please head to Florida and hit me along side the head with a 2 x 4. 🙂

So happy for you both Richard. Call if I can do anything for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis

Richrd, just now looking at those pictures.  It is certainly a beautiful coach. I wish I had it and you had a feather in your ear then we would both be tickled.             Of course, I'm kidding, sort of. 😊  I'm very happy for you.

In looking at the bedroom I'm comparing it to yours and our Windsors, and wondering if it has access hatches to get at the top of the engine?                            Maybe it's under the bed.        When we had the Endeavor it had a huge hatch under the bed, much better than the 2 hatches of our Windsor.

Edited by Ray Davis

1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

In looking at the bedroom I'm comparing it to yours and our Windsors, and wondering if it has access hatches to get at the top of the engine? Maybe it's under the bed. When we had the Endeavor it had a huge hatch under the bed, much better than the 2 hatches of our Windsor.

Yes, the bed lifts up using two gas struts exposing the carpeted engine cover. There are some of those special engine hatch latches that you unlock to remove the cover allowing you complete access to the top of the engine and transmission.

image.png

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Like 3

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Richrd, just now looking at those pictures.  It is certainly a beautiful coach. I wish I had it and you had a feather in your ear then we would both be tickled.             Of course, I'm kidding, sort of. 😊  I'm very happy for you.

In looking at the bedroom I'm comparing it to yours and our Windsors, and wondering if it has access hatches to get at the top of the engine?                            Maybe it's under the bed.        When we had the Endeavor it had a huge hatch under the bed, much better than the 2 hatches of our Windsor.

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Yes, the bed lifts up using two gas struts exposing the carpeted engine cover. There are some of those special engine hatch latches that you unlock to remove the cover allowing you complete access to the top of the engine and transmission.

image.png

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.   They should all be like that, might get someone to work on them then.

22 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

image.png

Richard, I much prefer that floor plan, for just this reason.
Having easy access to the engine bay is a very important consideration to me, as I like to look over my drivetrain regularly to spot problems before they become serious.  It's also much easier on the old back to be able to get to everything easily. 😎

Beautiful coach, by the way.  I love that color combo, plus the lighter colors should help reduce the crazing issue with some fiberglass panels.

Let me know if you're ever ready to sell her. 😉😉 (I'm serious)

Nice looking coach.  Our 06 Dynasty Diamond IV has the same exterior color and also the same color scheme inside.  The exterior is easy to keep clean looking and we have not had any trouble with the paint crazing on the dark color. The interior is the same color scheme with the Cherry and burgundy paisley. We have the Res fridge, although a Magnovox with the same configuration, and a washer and 220V dryer, which we love.  Does that have the 8 house battery setup? We just turned over 126K miles and all has been good with only 2 major items, a warped exhaust manifold to replace and also the center section in the rear end, due to a CG that put us in a soft sand spot.  She had us pulled out, but must have been to much stress trying to help the wrecker a little. That won't happen again.

We shock people when we tell them how old it is. Most guess 5-6 yrs at most. 

Enjoy your new coach.   Jobert

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, Dr4Film said:

This past month we have put a down payment on a 2006 Monaco Dynasty Countess III with 98K on the speedo. We had the coach inspected by a NRVIA Certified Inspector who had an extensive PDI list that they used PLUS one that I had also. The inspection came back very positive with a bunch of minor details that I can deal with at my leisure plus 4 that needed attention either by the owner or the dealership where it was on consignment.

The 4 items were, two missing GFI Circuit Breakers in the Inverter Power Panel, water pump ran continuously, fresh water hose reel would not retract using power switch and the True Induction Cook-Top powered up but would not run or heat up a pan of water. I should know after the New Year as to the results of repairing those problems.

Once those have been taken care of I will finalize the deal with balance of payment and put the coach in a safe storage area until I can fly out & drive it back to Florida.

I am presently working on prepping the Windsor to sell. Lot's of stuff to remove then a deep clean, vacuuming, sanitizing and finally a complete detail inside and out.

Here are some photos of the 2006 Dynasty that will take the place of our 2002 Windsor.

We are very excited!

2006 Dynasty-3.jpg

2006 Dynasty-4.jpg

2006 Dynasty-6.jpg

2006 Dynasty-8.jpg

2006 Dynasty-9.jpg

2006 Dynasty-14.jpg

2006 Dynasty-16.jpg

2006 Dynasty-17.jpg

2006 Dynasty-22.jpg

2006 Dynasty-23.jpg

Congradulations. Beautiful coach. You will love not having a front curbside slide. Always in the way, and basement access is so much better. We had a 07 Executive we ordered with 3 slides and full timed in it. I did not see in the pictures, a view of the cabinents above the street side couch. Ours were much larger than the street side ones. No wall space taken up by the slide framing and slide interior decorative framing. 

15 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Congratulations. Beautiful coach. You will love not having a front curbside slide. Always in the way, and basement access is so much better. We had a 07 Executive we ordered with 3 slides and full timed in it. I did not see in the pictures, a view of the cabinets above the street side couch. Ours were much larger than the street side ones. No wall space taken up by the slide framing and slide interior decorative framing. 

Thanks, Paul! We are excited to get it back home in Florida eventually.

I posted a photo of the street-side cabinets below. I have a lot more but didn't want to overwhelm the post with photos.

2006 Dynasty-15.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Thanks, Paul! We are excited to get it back home in Florida eventually.

I posted a photo of the street-side cabinets below. I have a lot more but didn't want to overwhelm the post with photos.

2006 Dynasty-15.jpg

Thanks. Definitely larger cabinets. This configuration also helps the galley layout choices. That framing around a slide uses a lot of wall space room.