Jump to content

Alternator Charge Light


Recommended Posts

Not unusual if you have second charging source connected to the chassis batteries when you engine is running, 

Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Larry Maida said:

 

The cure you are refereeing to occurs when there are two charging source. 

On 12/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Radar22 said:

Does anybody know why this light comes on the dash. Just had coached checked for alternator issues and possibly a  parasitic draw. All checked out Ok. thanks 

That light is driven off one AC trail on the generator.  If the voltage there subtracted from the chassis battery voltage, is not greater than 6 Volts, the light will come on.  If it is intermittent, then it's not likely a fuse.  First, check your chassis battery voltage.  It should be 14.2 - 14.4 Volts.  If not, check right at the alternator.  Check for good grounds.  Lastly, it could be the 6-volt ALT-FAIL Relay.  It's the only 6-volt relay in the coach.

 

19 hours ago, Larry Maida said:

 

 

7 hours ago, Michael Powell said:

If you turn tour headlights on and it goes off. There is a kit that uses a relay that fixes that... I haven't done mine yet because when it happens I just turn on the headlights fir a while then turn them off all good 2004 Monaco Dynasty. 

 

On 12/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Radar22 said:

Does anybody know why this light comes on the dash. Just had coached checked for alternator issues and possibly a  parasitic draw. All checked out Ok. thanks 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others said above, mine will do that if I have the generator running and then crank the engine.  If I have the engine running and then crank the genny it doesn't do it so I try to stick to that method.  Turning on headlights or parking lights makes it go away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Busnut said:

I had the light come on after an alternator repair. I changed out the relay for the ALT light. I didn't have any luck with that. I changed out the circuit barker in the rear panel. That fixed the problem.

Which breaker was it?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Steven P said:

As others said above, mine will do that if I have the generator running and then crank the engine.  If I have the engine running and then crank the genny it doesn't do it so I try to stick to that method.  Turning on headlights or parking lights makes it go away. 

Turning on the lights is a dead giveaway... I talked to a tech at monaco in 2015 he sent me a fix for that will look for it thus coming week.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Busnut said:

It was the driver side rear run panel. Mini breaker labeled VOLT REG 30 AMP

I'm not familiar w one of those.  Any chance you have a pic? Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you.  I haven't seen one of those on my Diplomat.  I'll keep an eye out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Steven P said:

Thank you.  I haven't seen one of those on my Diplomat.  I'll keep an eye out.  

I never would of though it had anything to do with it. I was talking with pwhittle and he suggested changing it out. An wow it was fixed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Busnut said:

I never would of though it had anything to do with it. I was talking with pwhittle and he suggested changing it out. An wow it was fixed

Any way I could ask you to post a pic of it on your coach?  My drivers rear bay is 110v only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you.  I have nothing like that I've seen on mine. I'll keep an eye out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...