LED Tail Lights

granvillebarker

The blinker may be ok. However, You may need to order inline resistors for the turn signal to provide the correct resistance (and slow the blinkin thing down) 😎.
This seems to be a common problem with LED turn signal lamp replacement.

Guest Ray Davis
12 hours ago, granvillebarker said:

It’s taken a month to get these tail lights in, and luckily I ordered 8 as 3 were damaged in shipping.  (  two dynasty’s to do )

These are LED 70’s GM truck tail lights from ecklers.   

I’ll probably have to change the blinker module, I think they blink too fast now.

Granville Barker

IMG_3231.MOV IMG_3230.MOV

The link doesn't work for me

FYI I think I found the product page for these:  https://www.ecklers.com/1973-1987-chevy-gmc-truck-sequential-led-taillight-assembly-with-stainless-trim-right-61-886072-1.html

These are nice, but a bit to spendy for my budget. Does anyone have a link to an LED bulb replacement that can be used inside the original taillight housings?

8 minutes ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

FYI I think I found the product page for these:  https://www.ecklers.com/1973-1987-chevy-gmc-truck-sequential-led-taillight-assembly-with-stainless-trim-right-61-886072-1.html

These are nice, but a bit to spendy for my budget. Does anyone have a link to an LED bulb replacement that can be used inside the original taillight housings?

I had tried LED bulbs, they weren't nearly as bright.

Here are the links, that above one has trim that probably won't work.

You need 2 each of these:

https://www.ecklers.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc-truck-sequential-led-taillight-assembly-left-61-393004-1.html

https://www.ecklers.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc-truck-sequential-led-taillight-assembly-right-61-392986-1.html

• Like 1

One follow up about installation.   I chose to cut all the plugs off all the wires and wire everything up directly.  The LED light has a wire for brake, tail, turn, and backup lights.  The dynasty only had tail, and a combined turn/brake wire.   Since the backup light wire and real brake light wires are in the RRB, I ran extra wires from my RRB to each of the new tail lights for brake and reverse.   

I connected the reverse light wire to the real reverse light, preventing the dock light switch from turning them on.   The brake light wire really isn't needed, but I think the braked would do the sequential lighting, and running the extra wire surpasses the sequential listing on brake.

Now when I have the turn signal on and people keep flying by, I'll know it wasn't because they didn't see my signal.

--

Granville Barker

05 Dynasty

I installed these on my 2001 Dynasty last spring. Purchased 2 pairs from LM Truck. 
I hard wired them with waterproof marine solder but connectors. 
They work great with all functions and normal or sequential functions are selectable with a switch on the rear. 

Highly visible and with all pigtails removed very reliable. 

Only issue is that they fit extremely tight in the opening and the supplied gaskets and mount couldn’t be used. 

First trip down the road 3 of the 4 lenses spider cracked in the outer lenses. Probably from mounting directly to the body not allowing for flexing. If performed again would suggest trimming the edges and using some form of gasket material as an insulator.  
The stress cracks did not effect functions and can only be noticed up close to the lights.

Requires 2 left and 2 right taillights

https://www.ebay.com/itm/73-87-Chevy-Truck-United-Pacific-LED-Sequential-Tail-Light-Kit-CTL7387LED-Pair-/284107604459?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

0F76AD41-32E0-4AE1-846C-71FB60ED4EF7.jpeg

D93C1AC6-2954-4A90-AF03-DC568DC94209.jpeg

Edited by Wheelsnkeels

1 hour ago, Wheelsnkeels said:

Only issue is that they fit extremely tight in the opening and the supplied gaskets and mount couldn’t be used. 

First trip down the road 3 of the 4 lenses spider cracked in the outer lenses. Probably from mounting directly to the body not allowing for flexing. If performed again would suggest trimming the edges and using some form of gasket material as an insulator.  
The stress cracks did not effect functions and can only be noticed up close to the lights.

These didn't come with covers for the backs, but no other gaskets and mounts.   I was worried they may be under too much stress.  Thanks for your update, I'm going to go sand down the edges and make them fit better with less stress before the first trip down the road.

I also noticed Monaco drilled holes all around the bottom of the back of the old ones, so I'm going to add holes to the backs of the new ones and cover the sequential switch with a dab of silicon.    They are pretty sealed on the back, but don't want them filling up with water on the back.