Electronic lock for 2002 Endeavor

Looking for a way to put in a keypad and/or Bluetooth lock on my door.  The hole in the door is not the same size as the currently available locks from places like RV lock. I also looked at changing out the deadbolt instead, but I do not have space for the interior part because of the way the plastic is molded. Has anyone been able to install something on this age Endeavor or Diplomat?

My concern with electronic combo locks is, because the lock is up high, people can see you keypunch the code from a distance.  Now, if it's a keyfob different story.  Still, I would want a backup plan if the lock fails. 

Nice pooch!

- bob

image.thumb.jpeg.9852b2508425094343afab21f8b57f73.jpeg

This is what I did… removed dead bolt, installed electronic lock upside down because of the interior trim.  I no longer lock the latch, only the dead bolt… no keys needed (but one can be used). Works great for me, only ‘hard part’ was adapting the longer “bolt” to the lock to actuate.  Used the original bolt adapted to connect to the lock.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc592b85dee4ba4861a7da69d4499997.jpeg

It took me about three hours for the whole conversion project.  I have since spent about an hour removing the old cracked, discolored 'decal'.

7 hours ago, cbr046 said:

My concern with electronic combo locks is, because the lock is up high, people can see you keypunch the code from a distance.

I'm not too concerned about that, but will keep it in mind when in a crowded campsite by doing like the NFL coaches do... cover the keypad when entering the code. 

My Dad used to say 'locks are for honest people'...... If they want to get in, a lock is not going to stop them.

I recently installed a "UTec" combo lock on my Scepter. Door looks very similar to Cubflyer's but I modified the plastic molded inside part above the inside lock parts. UTec combination allows you to set a combo of 5 to 7 (I think 7 is limit) numbers and then to unlock, punch in as many numbers as you want just as long as the combo is contained, and in correct sequence, in the numbers you punch. This should help with the prying eyes. This lock has several options including Bluetooth and internet opening as well as a unique temporary unlock sequence should you desire to give to someone else to get in.

I am very pleased with this locks quality, performance and price (Amazon) as compared to it's competitors.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your time in answering. Cubflyer, I think I will go your route when I have enough time to mess it up first try 😁
I compete in dog agility and occasionally have a friend crash on the couch, or just need to store something in the fridge, so it will be nice to have a combo they can use in the places we actually need to lock up.

Edited by searchnk9