2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ Air System Information Needed for a newbie..

RBRODDER

I have a "New to Me" Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ on a Roadmaster R4R Chassis. I am not new to RVing, just new to having a Diesel Pusher. I have researched for information on the air system and have not found much info. I have only found one air tank in the front and opened the lower petcock on that tank (expecting to have moisture in it) very little if any moisture came out. I have read about an air dryer / filter, but I haven't found one on my rig. Is there an air system schematic that can help me locate the different components of the system? Just wanting to make sure I have properly drained any moisture in the system before the temps dip down and I inadvertently destroy anything! Thanks

FWIW, there is a recall on All Roadmaster RR4R chassis for failure of the trailing arms.  By law, the previous owner should have made you aware of the issue including information on the recall fix.  Included should be proof that the recall fix was installed.  If the trailing arms fail, the motor, transmission and rear axle can fall out of the rear of the coach.

Many air brake systems have a wet and dry tank at the front, mine is one tank with a divider. I have drain valves on hoses in the generator compartment. Wondering if there is a line off one side of the tank that allows you to drain the wet side remotely.  My rear tank has never had liquid.

I started a post a while back on "Winterizing air tanks". From posts by others and research, I decided to drain the alcohol antifreeze from my system. In one of the posts, a link is provided to Webco dryers by Jdw12345 Very good reading and pictures of what a typical dryer would look like. Swapping the dryer cartridge is less messy than changing an oil filter, just install the oring on the thread if a Wabco.