Back up camera

Our 2003 camera is basic junk.  Poor resolution, worthless when backup up facing the sun, not much good in the dark . . . . and an excellent view of the bumper but not 10 feet behind that. 

There's some wireless backup cameras out there, and some can add a 2nd camera and record dash video. 

This one is in my wish list.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FM3YLT5/

Very enticing

- bob

I don't usually recommend a lot of goods, but this camera I do recommend after my POOR experience with Tadibrothers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8Q4NHY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Verry easy to install, Great pictures.Tthe seller even contacted me to see if I was satisfied and to offer any install help.

Now that's customer service!!

I’d like to replace my lousy Weldex b/w system. Would prefer to use existing wires as I assume running new ones would very difficult. Is that a valid concern?
Also, would like new one to be color and fit in same hole in dash. 

Ed           
‘05 Ambassador 

1 hour ago, saflyer said:

I’d like to replace my lousy Weldex b/w system. Would prefer to use existing wires as I assume running new ones would very difficult. Is that a valid concern?
Also, would like new one to be color and fit in same hole in dash. 

Ed           
‘05 Ambassador 

Using the same hole is a hit and miss. I  made a cover over the hole then mounted it to that. Using the same wires is the best way if you can get the adapter. Rv cam is your best shot.  Wireless can give small delays in the image. And again there good if you have no other choice.  Wired is always better.  

I replaced my system two years ago with a 10" 4-channel color system, two wired side view cameras, and wireless near and far rear view cameras.  I bought it as individual parts from Amazon.  I used the existing wires to power the wireless transmitters for the rear view cameras.  The wireless transmitters use the same frequencies as Wi-Fi so I do experience a little bit of interference, but not normally on the road.

Dennis Y.

'04 Ambassador

No, the cable was fine, I wanted side view cameras.  I have the monitor wired to the blinkers so it goes full screen side view in the direction of the turn.

My old camera and monitor are available for cost of shipping unless you are in the Seattle area.

20220108_163234.thumb.jpg.7162b41f1026ce9e2994000df66f8dd8.jpg 20220108_163245.thumb.jpg.c27162876551d49c2f5274d8df26f13a.jpg20220108_163139.thumb.jpg.c8ec01b238451c22feccb08ce67391fc.jpg

• 2 months later...

After reading many reviews about the backup camera from Furrion, I decided to buy it. It is supposed to be plug-n-play. My 2019 Coleman RV was built with rear camera wiring already installed. I downloaded the user manual online which gave me more information on how to set up this camera. I think one of its strongest features is the 4.3-inch anti-glare screen, which is effective at automatically adjusting contrast, brightness, and color day or night.

Edited by Dalton07