Walmart RV Parking List

When this group was on Yahoo there was a website that gave a updated list of Walmart’s that did and didn’t allow parking. Is it still available here? I tried the website from my 2019 pdf but it didn’t work.

Hi Gary,

In Parkadvisor and RVtrip Wizard you can check if it is allowed. Make sure to also read the reviews as the permission notes are not always updated. We often make use of this feature in these apps. I am sure other apps also have the feature.

the Walmart book also list this but we have not invested in the latest revisions and cannot rely only on the outdated book. The last list you refer to and that I saw was not recent.

• Like 1

I use an app on the phone called Allstays. I've been very happy with it. It has all walmarts, sam's clubs, cracker barrels, RV dump stations, Campsites and loads more. Can be a tad overwhelming at times but loads of information for traveling. Most places have reviews from people that have stayed there with the dates they were there. 

https://www.allstays.com/apps/

• Like 2

I do NOT recommend trying to use a list. It is just too difficult to keep a list current. These properties sell to private investors and cities that have their own rules.

I maintained a list for years and at one time sold the "book of lists." So, here's what we do and it works!!! We have stayed at literally thousands of Walmarts and Sam's over our 19 years of fulltiming.

A. The day before, look up that Walmart on Google Maps and make sure they have a place to park.

B. Capture the store phone number.

C. Call the store, ask for Customer Service, and ask if it is okay to park overnight in their lot. Either they know the answer or will find a manager.

D. If the answer is "Yes," ask if there is some part of the lot where they prefer you park.

If they say yes, you know it's okay. If they say no, thank them and call the next closest Walmart.

This process works and it always current.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1