Aqua hot diesel or electric

Kjungles

I have a “new to me” 2003 Monaco executive and when plugged into 50 amp will the aqua hot automatically switch to electric or does that have to be done by switching to it? So far plugged in when I turn it on it only runs off of diesel.

There should be a breaker on the element circuit. It is AC current and should be in one of the breaker panels. I would check that first to see if breaker switch is off before digging into AH element. The electric element will take some time to heat the boiler fluid, so be patient for 2 to 3 hours before you have hot water. Hope this helps.

Edited by Frank Bergamo

The early Aqua Hot systems only have a single 1650 watt electric element.  If left on over night it will provide some amount of hot water depending on how cold the incoming water is.  

The electric element will not heat the coach in cold weather.  You will need to turn the Aqua Hot diesel burner on or use the heat pumps on the roof.  

If you are not paying for electric, then turn on the Aqua Hot electric and the diesel together.  

Edited by vito.a