Triptek Cable Plug problem

Does anyone know the trick to unplugging this connector on my Triptek. I'm afraid I will really damage it if I pull or pry to hard (looks like one wire has already some off), but that little sucker does not want to come off.

What am I missing?

Here is a pic

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Plug.jpg

Hard to tell from the one photo.  Do those nylon "fingers" lock into anything? 

Follow the seams and gently pry on them with a jeweler's screwdriver.  If anything moves you're on to something. 

- bob

After getting very frustrated I decided to follow the cable and sure enough the other end of the cable came unplugged and I used it to go through the hole and didn’t have to unplug that one that was so hard. I do have to jumper a wire for the one that is broken and that’s gonna be tricky..

Thank you for your assistance 

Instead of fixing the wire consider bypassing and soldering directly to the board.  You'll need to connectorize the jumper.  And, of course, if you suck at soldering all bets are off.

I had to do this with a Mini tail light ground.  Finally gave up on the connector and bypassed it. 

- bob

On 1/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, Corkman said:

Does anyone know the trick to unplugging this connector on my Triptek. I'm afraid I will really damage it if I pull or pry to hard (looks like one wire has already some off), but that little sucker does not want to come off.

What am I missing?

Here is a pic

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Plug.jpg

Did you unscrew the screw on each end and the pull apart?

It looks like the unit is sealed and the screws are only used to secure to the dash. I don’t think and you can unscrew the screws because there’s no head on the other side just the face and keys