RV Insurance

That's strange, I've had Progressive for a number of years on my Motorhome, everything else is State Farm. My policy went actually down $1 from last year till this year, $922 to $921 (it's due in Feb so I've gotten my renewal letter). I live in Tennessee and we aren't fulltime.

I think a lot of the Policy $ differences might be if we are "bundling" our auto and home?  Maybe not.  I just switched from Progressive to Foremost and my premium went down $1,000 to $1,600/yr.  This is a stand alone policy though, I am not bundling anything.  Although I may reconsider.  Full Coverage up to $100,000 Property with $2,000 deductible.  $250,000/$500,000 limits on bodily injury.   Is this still too high for a stand alone policy?

• 4 months later...

I have been around also.  When it comes to filing a claim for a given loss, when the adjuster get through with the depreciation, you have what is left after Katie shot at it.  That is why I added the "actual replacement value clause" to my policy.  

A tornado hit my house about 5 or so years ago.  My actual replacement value was around $65K.  After the adjuster depreciated the loss, it came to around $36K.  I was issued a check for $36K.  After I produced sales receipts for the replacement items, my insurance company cut me a check for the rest.

• Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis
51 minutes ago, iHaveBeenAround said:

I have seen your quality posts here Chuck, very much apricate your advice. 

When you like a post you should click on the heart lower right of his post.  He then gets a point added to his reputation.

You can see the points by putting your cursor on his C under Chuck