Location of Samsung RF18 mother board

billgr0248

Hello all of you who have replaced Monaco's stock refrigerator with the Samsung RF18,

My 2009 Monaco Camelot (40QDP) has been sitting plugged in for 2 seasons.  When I checked it in November I discovered that the back panel where the vent's are was frozen solid.  While I attempted to thaw it myself a hair -dryer wouldn't cut it so I called in a profesional service tech who diagnosed the Mother Board defective not supplying enough power to the fan in the top compartment (bottom freezer works fine).  However both he & I are reluctant to try & remove the fridge ourselves for fear of destroying the existing trim & lord know's what else.

My question:  Has anybody else encountered this & can you tell me where the board is located & how do you access it?

Thaks in advace,
Bill Graham

2009 Monaco Camelot 40QDP in Mesa, AZ

I was having problems with my Samsung RF18 refrigerator with the refrigerator evaporator freezing up. Has repairman come and check it out, found low on Freon. 

$200 for service call to determine that Freon was low, install service tap and recharge. Dye was introduced system, found leak in refrigerator evaporator coil. $600 parts and labor for repair.

Control board is located on outside top of refrigerator. If you look on top you will see the enclosure.

My refrigerator was over 5 years old and out of warranty.