Tire SafeGuard TPMS - Obsolete

I have used the Tire SafeGuard TPMS since December 2012 after two horrible years of dealing with the POS Doran TPMS that I had purchased in 2010. I recently inquired about obtaining a new TPMS for an 8 wheel tag axle coach. Dion Elrod, the sales and technical support person for Tire SafeGuard, informed me that HCI / Tire SafeGuard is no longer in business and there is no more stock.

I was VERY happy with the Tire SafeGuard TPMS as it was trouble free for those 10 years except for changing batteries.

I have decided to switch to the Legacy Pressure Pro TPMS and have placed an order with Best RV & Truck Supply for a 12-wheel TPMS plus the Extender.

Initially I was on the fence between the TST system and the Pressure Pro system but after extensive research there was no question that the Pressure Pro system is by far the BEST TPMS on the market. It has the best reliability and even though the batteries are not replaceable, the sensors last a very long time before needing to be replaced. That is according to some members here that use the PP TPMS whereas I know one member who did not have the same experience.

28 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

What kind of issues did you have with the Doran?

Sensors would lose signals constantly. I had to purchase two new trailer tires on one side of my cargo trailer while passing through Calgary AB as a result of a sensor not reporting. Then on the last and final trip from Reno NV to Santa Clarita CA with the Doran, I had 5 out of 10 sensors not reporting.

Gathered up the Doran with the sensors and sold it on eBay. 

I had seen the Tire SafeGuard TPMS at the CA RV Show earlier that fall before heading to Reno to work at Amazon for the Peak Season.

Once I was settled back in Valencia Travel Village, I called Dion to come to my site and install the Tire SafeGuard TPMS. The rest is history!

That’s interesting, we have the Doran system on our construction commercial vehicles at work and they seem to work well, granted our system is only a couple of years old and 10 years newer, I was considered the Doran system for my newly purchased coach…..

Thanks for the info!

Hopefully their technology has improved in the last 10 years!

What I find interesting is that in my searches I have found images of what looks exactly like a Legacy Pressure Pro TPMS Monitor that has a DORAN label on the top.

See images below.

Image result for doran tire pressure monitoring system

Image result for Doran Tire Monitoring System

Richard, I'm sad to read this.  I've had mine since around 2013, gone through batteries, and one sensor.  I have one sensor that is acting up occasionally.  Are you looking to sell you old system.  It might be cheaper for me to buy used sensor to extend the life of my system vs buying a whole new system like you're having to do. I haven't look at what's available since I am (was) not in the market to replace.  

When I purchased my repeater (extender) I used a generic unit.  I wound p wonder if there are other dealers with their names on the same sensors?  Again, i haven't checked, but maybe you have. 

- Rick N 

Happy Pressure Pro user here without needing a repeater… will pickup the toad 100’ behind the MH. Mounted unit so antenna is beside the driver’s glass window. I loosen the sensors while in storage or while snowbirding for several months… get 8+ years out of the batteries that way. Initial location programming can be a challenge. 

It’s nice to sit in the seat and check all the pressures before starting each morning. I still IR temp my tires, wheel bearings, & brakes when fueling.

Edited by Ivylog

2 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

Are you looking to sell you old system?  It might be cheaper for me to buy used sensor to extend the life of my system vs buying a whole new system like you're having to do. I haven't look at what's available since I am (was) not in the market to replace.  

When I purchased my repeater (extender) I used a generic unit.  I wound p wonder if there are other dealers with their names on the same sensors?  Again, i haven't checked, but maybe you have.

- Rick N 

Rick,

I plan to include the Tire SafeGuard 6-wheel system with the coach once it gets advertised later this month. What generic repeater did you purchase that works with the Tire SafeGuard?

If there are sensors out there that would talk to the master monitor that would be a great find.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Rick,

I plan to include the Tire SafeGuard 6-wheel system with the coach once it gets advertised later this month. What generic repeater did you purchase that works with the Tire SafeGuard?

If there are sensors out there that would talk to the master monitor that would be a great find.

All I can find on the repeater is TPM-UT, made in China.  My receipt show I paid $68 for it, and it seems like that was to Dion at TireSafeGuard, paid through 4-Square.  I can't confirm this, but that's what my records show.  I got no receipt.  There are two basic repeaters, depending on the frequency of the sensors.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  If I were to do it again, I'd order the least expensive from Amazon, knowing I could return it, and test it.  BTW, I did not install this in my coach.  I have it set up with a cigarette lighter plug and simply put it between the roof and the sun shade in my Jeep.  This might even work better, since the lower power sensors on the jeep (and maybe even the Tag - there is no way to know) send their signal to the Jeep, and are then repeated with a higher power through the windshield to the monitor on the coach dash.  I had signal drop-outs before, and this has helped.  

Did you check with IVP Corp?  Here is what their website says:  
Intelligent Vehicle Products, Inc. (IVP, formerly HCI Corporation) has been developing, making, and selling tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) for more than 10 years under the brand name Tire-Safeguard. Over the years we have developed a full range of TPMS products serving the consumer recreation vehicle, emergency vehicle, and commercial transportation industries. We are the only company that can offer TPMS with internal valve-mounted, internal rim-mounted, external cap, and external flow-through tire sensors. IVP develop all products by in-house engineers with state-of-the-art and proprietary technologies and manufacture the products in our own factories. IVP is based near Los Angeles, California, USA.

I tried clicking on the sensor on their product page, but it also sends you to the Amazon site which show "unavailable".  I can't find any date on their website, other than some news articles from 2015.  

-Rick N.

If you got the repeater from Dion, then it is a Tire SafeGuard repeater and not a generic one. My Tire SafeGuard repeater was part of a package deal that Dion gave to me back in 2012. It was part of the CA show price as that's where Dion had demonstrated the TPMS to me.

23 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

If you got the repeater from Dion, then it is a Tire SafeGuard repeater and not a generic one. My Tire SafeGuard repeater was part of a package deal that Dion gave to me back in 2012. It was part of the CA show price as that's where Dion had demonstrated the TPMS to me.

I'm not 100% sure I got it from him.  Does your repeater have any markings on it - specifically about Tire SafeGuard?

19 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

Richard, I'm sad to read this.  I've had mine since around 2013, gone through batteries, and one sensor.  I have one sensor that is acting up occasionally.  Are you looking to sell you old system.  It might be cheaper for me to buy used sensor to extend the life of my system vs buying a whole new system like you're having to do. I haven't look at what's available since I am (was) not in the market to replace.  

- Rick N 

Rick,

I have a Tire SafeGuard system we no longer use. It has 6 flow thru sensors for the coach and 4 standard sensors for the toad and the monitor that mounts on the dash. No repeater. It was working fine when we took it out of service. We downsized to a gas Class-C and it has OEM built in tire pressure monitoring for all six wheels on the coach. We use the RVi3 braking system that supports tire pressure monitoring so we use 4 Tire Patrol Sensors on the toad. If you are interested in buying the Tire SafeGuard let me know. We are heading down to Florid now but have to be back home on the 1st of Feb for medical stuff. If you are interested I can ship it to you in early February. Asking $75 and I will pay the shipping.

You can contact me at nodine@gmail.com

Bob

Richard;

I have been using the Pressure Pro System since 2004. When we purchased the 05 Exec I added the additional sensors for the Tag and the repeater.

I have never had any issues with the Pressure Pro System. The batteries from my original purchase lasted over nine years and the replacements were only $30.00 each. I never loosened the sensors on the wheels of the coach when it was in the barn. The batteries in the sensors for the TOAD lasted almost twelve years because I would remove the sensors from the wheels when were not traveling. The other benefit about the Pressure Pro System is the ability you have to check your tire pressures before you start out and the added ability to check the pressure and temps per axle instantaneously.

The Pressure Pro Customer Service is excellent.

In 2015 Pressure Pro came out with their new PULSE Display for $350.00. PP offered the PULSE Display as an upgrade to all their customers for $250.00. The new display was backwards compatible to the sensors and the repeater The new PULSE Display gives you real time Tire Pressure  and Temperature. You can program it to show just tire pressure on an individual tire, pressure and temp also. It can also be programmed to show the pressure and temp per axle at the same time.

Our Foretravel ih-45 has the Pressure Pro System installed by the factory. It is Integrated into the Silver Leaf System and is displayed in the Instrument Cluster. There is no need for a separate monitor.

The DORAN was a copy cat of the Pressure Pro system and there was many issues with the Doran system. Pressure Pro sued them and Doran had to stop using the Pressure Pro reference for their product.

In my personnel opinion the Pressure Pro System is the Staple of the Industry and far superior than all the competitors. The others are still trying to catch up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Rick,

My repeater has the same label, TPM-UT, which came with the package back in 2012. No specific Tire frequency label on it but it obviously is matched to the same frequency as the monitor and the sensors

Then mine must be the same, and Dion must have given me a special price, since I paid $60, and the website shows the price $90. 

2 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

Rick,

I have a Tire SafeGuard system we no longer use. It has 6 flow thru sensors for the coach and 4 standard sensors for the toad and the monitor that mounts on the dash. No repeater. It was working fine when we took it out of service. We downsized to a gas Class-C and it has OEM built in tire pressure monitoring for all six wheels on the coach. We use the RVi3 braking system that supports tire pressure monitoring so we use 4 Tire Patrol Sensors on the toad. If you are interested in buying the Tire SafeGuard let me know. We are heading down to Florid now but have to be back home on the 1st of Feb for medical stuff. If you are interested I can ship it to you in early February. Asking $75 and I will pay the shipping.

You can contact me at nodine@gmail.com

Bob

Bob,  email sent. 

57 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

Richard;

I have been using the Pressure Pro System since 2004. When we purchased the 05 Exec I added the additional sensors for the Tag and the repeater.

In my personnel opinion the Pressure Pro System is the Staple of the Industry and far superior than all the competitors. The others are still trying to catch up.

David, thanks for your honest personal experiences with the Pressure Pro TPMS. I feel very confident that I have made the right decision in switching to the Legacy Pressure Pro System.

• 3 weeks later...

Upon further checking ...  I did find a reference that the sensors use CR1632.   and there is a Youtube video as well.   But this discussion is very good for future reference of another system ... should I need it. 

For those you have used the Tire-Safeguard system ... and REPLACED the batteries,  would you be so kind to tell me what battery is used for the flow through sensors.

We have 5 of the 6 sensors not reporting.  We had called support last year to get replacement for the toad and was told that we could upgrade to the new system they were selling.   Decided not to do that at the time and to re-think maybe going to a alternative system for the toad.     Called them the past couple of days and left a voice mail so we could find out what type of battery was used .... and no call-back.   This morning I sent a email to support@tiresafeguard.com and it bounced back as unknown.    Sounds like we did make the right decision not to purchase if they have gone out of business.    

And instructions on how to replace them would be appreciated as well.   If I can get a system working on all  6 tires by replacing the batteries it would be more cost effective for me than purchase of another system.  

Regards,

Pat D.   02 Diplomat 40'  PBT  

Edited by skyranchdanes