Wet bay- Where’s the snap disc

If you THINK you might need protection....then forget the heater and the snap disk.  cobble up a short cord (or use a commercial one....METAL) trouble light and one of the plug in freeze stats.  You will be happier...

I have some of those...."Gee....do I really need this?" issues.....more and more in my daily life...

9 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

...Purchase a Trouble Light...

Just a side note from a lighting guy... You need an INCANDESCENT bulb for this.  LED bulbs (and to a lesser extent fluorescent) are great for lighting; not so great for making heat. I would go with a 60 or 75 watt incandescent bulb. Even better if you can scare up a rough-duty incandescent bulb (they have a protective coating and stronger filament). And yes Virginia, you can still find them...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JS9SAA6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_ey-JEbZYQ4678  

Back in 2011 I had to move to Northern Michigan at the end of March for a new job, I lived in my coach until Sept.  I knew there would be cold temps, had temps into the low teens and got 2' of snow in April.   Prior to leaving TN I rigged up some heat lamps and small cube heater using a thermostatically controlled plug in the basement.   It comes on at 39F and off 54F. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EasyHeat-Freeze-Free-Pipe-Heat-Cable-Controller/1060249

I left the web bay heater on and could monitor when it was coming on from the display panel.    I actually used a halogen type work light that was weather resistant and had a hook on the end, I was able to suspend it from the ceiling in the water pump bay which also housed the water manifold and piping.   This type of light throws off a lot of heat but you can get different watt bulbs to suit your needs. 

I also mounted 2 remotes in the basement to monitor temps.  I figured the coldest location would be on the back side of the water tank opposite the wet bay and put on there.  I knew if it stayed above 32F the rest of the area was good to go. 

One issue I had was that I only had two 20 amp outlets for power, I dedicated one for the basement heating using a separate extension cord and then one to the house.  I ran a small radiant heater in the house.  I only used propane on an emergency basis as I didn't want to have to go out to refill.  Some mornings I'd get up and it would be ~35F in the coach.  Fun Times 😀