2004 - 2006 Monaco Knight radiator hose part numbers

Hey guys 

I worked out the part numbers for my radiator hoses today. For my 2005 Knight with 8.3L Cummins. Didn't know if they were already listed somewhere or not so here they are

Bottom hose from engine to transmission cooler 
NAPA 7496
Dayco 70921

Bottom trans cooler to pipe going to radiator
NAPA 7905
Dayco 70920

Top radiator pipe to engine
NAPA 7905
Dayco 70920

Straighy piece from top and bottom pipes to radiator

2 1/4"  or 57mm Straight radiator hose

I used 1 ft of  NAPA 637 hose and cut in half.

• Thanks 2

WOW! Thanks Larry. That was always a concern of mine of a broken hose on the road. I wish I knew that two years ago when I flushed my cooling system to switch to Cummins ES Compleat, a million mile coolant. Guess I'll buy them now and keep them ready. But, it seems like every time I buy something for that purpose, I never need it. Is the Knight the Monaco version of Holiday Ramblers' Ambassador?

Gary 05 AMB DST

I think it is Gary. I know they both have the same floor plans. It isn't a terrible job to change the hoses. A bit of crawling around underneath. I changed the thermostat as well while I was doing it. 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, DoubleL said:

Hey guys 

I worked out the part numbers for my radiator hoses today. For my 2005 Knight with 8.3L Cummins. Didn't know if they were already listed somewhere or not so here they are

Bottom hose from engine to transmission cooler 
NAPA 7496
Dayco 70921

Bottom trans cooler to pipe going to radiator
NAPA 7905
Dayco 70920

Top radiator pipe to engine
NAPA 7905
Dayco 70920

Straighy piece from top and bottom pipes to radiator

2 1/4"  or 57mm Straight radiator hose

I used 1 ft of  NAPA 637 hose and cut in half.

Thanks for the info - I added it to our parts list.

No Problem. I have updated filter  and Belt info as well because the manual is wrong. Will post it this week.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 1:59 PM, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Larry, the straight NAPA hose, 637, is listed at 2.125 ID. The other radiator hoses you listed are 2.25 ID.  Should it be 666?

Gary Hester 05 AMB DST

Did you ever figure out if it should be 2.25 or 2.125? Going to replace everything in the next couple weeks and want to get it ordered in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just did new hoses on my 2006 Ambassador. These PN's were great! And saved me a good amount of time matching things up. A couple of notes to save people some money potentially.

The 2 straight pieces of 2.25 ID hose going from radiator to pipes I could only find in 3' increments.

When installing PN 70921 (Engine to Transcooler) hose, you actually cut off a large segment of straight hose. Enough to do one (1) of the straight pieces mentioned above. I could have saved money if I ordered Qty 2 of 70921 (use 1 for engine to transcooler, and other for T-stat to pipe) and Qty 1 of 70920 and used the cutoff pieces from the straight hose pieces.

Example as originally posted (RockAuto pricing)
Qty 2 of 70920 - $12.37 each = $24.74
Qty 1 of 70921 =  $24.79
Qty 1 of 76225 (3' 2.25 ID) = $31.77
Total = $81.30

Example using logic mentioned above
Qty 1 of 70920 = $12.37
Qty 2 of 70921 = $49.58
Cut pieces from 70921 as your straights (6" each)
Total $61.95

Couple of other notes:

I ordered the C-Low Fab surge tank, it is very nice quality and bolted right up. The included nipples out of the top of the tank, were larger diameter than the original hoses. So I opted to replace those "bleeding" lines with 3/8" heater hose which meant replacing nipples on the engine block and the pipe to top of radiator.

I did the all of the hoses without removing the radiator, but this meant removing the solid pipe sections which are held on by exhaust hanger U-bolts. These of course snapped off at the ends when I tried to remove them, so you would want some on hand.

I did the Restore Plus Cleaner since I knew nothing of this engine and it removed A LOT of crap. It took a good 6 or 8 flushes (I lost count) to get good clear water. So plan extra time if doing a cleaner.

Thermostat kit from Cummins (PN 5284903) includes both O-rings, so no need to order extras. 

Needed plenty of zip ties to re-attach wiring looms to hoses.

Save old hoses to eliminate rub points as required.