Aqua Hot Exhaust pipe

MHRookie

All, 

Had to to a temp repair on the road (almost lost exhaust pipe).  Question... how is the exhaust connected to the "black pipe fittings"?  I was not able to crawl under the coach at the time so that's why I'm asking.  I'd like to buy the pieces before preparing coach to get underneath it...  

From what I can see...

2003 Monaco Dynasty / Pipe is a rather long 90* run wrapped in heat shield / I can see the black pipe elbow exit the floor of coach but could not see how it's all attached.  The hanger stayed in tact at edge of coach. 

Definately agree with others'... Monaco could have done better here.

45 minutes ago, willbo777 said:

When we replaced our AquaHot and put on a new exhaust pipe, we just had a muffler shop make up the pipe and it attached to the cast iron elbow from the unit with a u-bolt.

DSCN1326.jpeg

We were Wallydocked on our way to Florida from Michigan late last fall, with AH running to keep us warm. Wife woke up and woke me too, to diesel exhaust smell in the coach. We immediately shut off the AH and opened windows. It was cold, but the smell dissipated quickly. Next morning I turned on AH and checked the exhaust pipe. It was leaking exhaust under the coach. The pipe appeared to have cracked or weakened in several places. I sealed it with muffler tape, as a temporary fix. I plan to remove the entire pipe and take it to a muffler shop in the hopes they can make me a new one. Yours looks great. 

I had the same problem on my 2002 Dynasty, and am going to use the same solution as mentioned above.

AH pipe broke near the cast iron elbow and cast iron coupler (this location is near where the AH unit exits down through the floor). Have an appointment to take it to a muffle shop to have them replace the long 90 degree pipe where it screws on to the cast iron coupler near the AH 90 degree pipe coming down through the floor and near the AH unit (comes down from the AH, does a 90, and there is the cast iron coupler).

Edited by Corkman

I had a new AQ exhaust pipe made up and ran it out the back of the coach. 10 years full timing and no issues. Note the chrome tip in the left corner area of the coach picture. 

FWIWD, i also added -2- brake lights. They are located above the lourvers at each end of that plate of lourvers. note the red reflection showing. At night, it was awesome. 1144926473_20007ExecExterior006.JPG.c8ac9bfe21db5a21056d3cc172d782ed.JPG 

Edited by Paul A.
added info

5 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

I had a new AQ exhaust pipe made up and ran it out the back of the coach. 10 years full timing and no issues. Note the chrome tip in the left corner area of the coach picture.1144926473_20007ExecExterior006.JPG.c8ac9bfe21db5a21056d3cc172d782ed.JPG

Nice!  Did you run the pipe on a straight angle from the exhaust outlet under the AH?  It looks like the pipe is a smaller diameter than mine. Maybe its just the photo. Do you have the 600-D?

1 minute ago, Pduggs said:

Nice!  Did you run the pipe on a straight angle from the exhaust outlet under the AH?  It looks like the pipe is a smaller diameter than mine. Maybe its just the photo. Do you have the 600-D?

It went straight back, then a slight bend so it came out where it came out. Stock size pipe. ISX 525.

6 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

It went straight back, then a slight bend so it came out where it came out. Stock size pipe. ISX 525.

Okay. Not your motor, but your model Aqua Hot. My Aqua Hot is the model 600-D. I suspect yours is too. 

50 minutes ago, willbo777 said:

I doubt a 2007 had the 600D.  It was what I installed when we replaced our OEM AH AHE-100-04S in 2014.  Probably had the AHE-100-04S or AHE-130-04X.

My 2007 Signature has the AquaHot 600D so there's a good chance the Executive had it.

• Thanks 1

This past Tuesday I had an automotive shop in Bunnell FL install a new Aqua-Hot exhaust pipe as the original one decided to break right at the elbow going up into the Aqua-Hot. It had completely rusted through after being there for 20 years. A large pothole on the I-84 Interstate in MA caused the break while on our way to New Hampshire last May but didn't notice it until we stopped for the night. Tied up the pipe that was hanging down until I was able to get it replaced. It stayed that way until last Tuesday.

There was a very small section that was still on the elbow which slipped right off. The service tech removed the old hangar and remaining section of the pipe then installed a new 1 1/4 pipe plus clamps and hangar. $240 for the job and this new pipe should be good for another 20 years.

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Thanks 1

Mine might have been different (2004 build). When I replaced the 100-03S with the 600-D circa 2013, my exhaust pipe just unscrewed from the pipe-thread fitting on the underside of the Aqua-Hot. Into a NPT elbow to horizontal, straight back to another elbow to the side ahead of the drive axle. I just assumed that it was all black pipe.

While I was finishing off the project, I replaced the muffler hangers with generic ones from AutoZone. I also replaced the fiber heat wrap with a roll I got from Amazon. I secured the heat wrap with stainless steel “zip ties”, also from Amazon.

Edited by georgecederholm

On 1/13/2022 at 8:43 AM, MHRookie said:

All, 

Had to to a temp repair on the road (almost lost exhaust pipe).  Question... how is the exhaust connected to the "black pipe fittings"?  I was not able to crawl under the coach at the time so that's why I'm asking.  I'd like to buy the pieces before preparing coach to get underneath it...  

From what I can see...

2003 Monaco Dynasty / Pipe is a rather long 90* run wrapped in heat shield / I can see the black pipe elbow exit the floor of coach but could not see how it's all attached.  The hanger stayed in tact at edge of coach. 

Definately agree with others'... Monaco could have done better here.

the pipe is threaded 1 1/2 galvanized mild steel threaded into a 1 1/2" galvanized 90. Then transitions to exhaust tubing. Probably broke at the threads.

All,

Thanks for the input… findings… MFG’s black iron pieces then a female 1.75” pipe adapter.  1.75” exhaust pipe bent as needed and it fits over adapter.  Wrapped in heat wrap w/ new tip.  
     Had to use a cut off wheel to get broken piece off the adapter.  Besides that it all went smooth.