Possible water leak

I have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Model 40 SKQ.  We are currently in Arizona, no rain for two weeks.  Today in the bedroom about a foot from the front of the cabinet in the slide we found 3 spots of water approximately 6 inches in diameter and probably 1 foot apart in line parallel to the coach.  The water heater is in the right rear corner of the passenger side, kitchenbsink, washer, shower, and bathroom sink are all mid to passenger side if the coach.  The utility hook up bay is mid-coach drivers side.  The only water line that might go under the area of the water spots would be from water inlet to the water heater.  Has anyone with a Rambler or Monoco SKQ model experienced this issue or does anyone know if a waterline might be going thru that area?  Also, are the waterlines visible from underneath the coach??  Thanks for any help or suggestions on this issue.  There is no visible sign of a water pathway from either the water exterior anybif the bathroom fixtures.  It seems odd to have 3 spots in a row with a foot between them.

Guest Ray Davis

Where are the spots in relation to the overhead air cond?   With no rain that's the most likely source.  It's hard to imagine the water coming from below.

8 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Hum,  got a dog?    🙂

No dog, would be nice if we did then it would be problem solved.  I agree that it's hard to believe it would be from below, but there is no trail of water from the bathroom area, which is closest water source.

Open the engine hatch and see if you can water from there. If I understand you are the leaks between the closet and the bed. Make sure not coming from the ducts in the ceiling. I am not close to my coach but I believe in the Bedroom it has 4 overhead ducts. 

Other option is to try looking from the service bay in that direction to see if you can see a leak. Turn off city water and see if on board pump is running without any faucets open. I would give that a 30 minute trial. If it is on and off then suspect leak in a supply line. 

Ken,  you are correct on the 4 ceiling ducts, however they are not close to the water spots.  The spots are a foot from the cabinet in the driver's side slide. They start about 2 ft from where the hallway tie ends and are 6 inches in diameter with about a foot between each spot front to rear.

Scott, there are two speakers and a light in the area, but not directly above the spots.  I don't think it is coming from above because in September I cleaned the roof thoroughly then used 6 inch eternabond tape at all seams as well as around the skylight, etc.  I also replaced gaskets in both ac's.  I caulked everything else.  We had one really heavy rain here in Mesa, Az about 2-3 weeks ago, there was no visible water infiltration from that rain. We also had 3 days of lighter rain.

Edited by Wrayj1

I had a similar situation. One wet spot on the carpet on the right corner of the bed. 
I tracked it down to a water build up in the aircon unit. Can’t remember the exact location but when I took the cover off I found it. There was significant water condensation to pond in one of the U shaped struts.
On the front edge of the aircon there is a ceiling joint.

The water capillaries into the ceiling joint, then runs to a point in the ceiling above the wet patch

Moral of the story is never trust water unless it’s in a glass with a whiskey and ice. 

Edited by Rick A

Dr., no sleep walkers, however, another wet spot appeared just as we were going to bed last night.  This one is perpendicular to the other three, again about one foot apart.  Strangely the other three spots were nearly dry.  No rain, no ac's running, no water pump running, no signs of water in the ceiling, etc.  Time to call Columbo.

She doesn't need to help me with the insanity, I'm doing well with that by myself.  Pulling the carpet is probably the next thing, but I don't want to get in to something I can't handle.  The water spots are not consistent, they appear infrequently. My wife does some laundry daily, we shower daily, do dishes daily,  I backflush every 5 days,  nothing seems to tie in to when the spots appear.  I checked under the engine hatch this morning looking for any sign of moisture or water on the ground, nothing.  I'll pull ac duct, speajer and light fixture later today to see if any water has collected innthe ceiling.  If it doesn't get worse I'll wait until I return to Oregon in April to have the carpet pulled.  There  is a guy in Coburg, Or, who has an RV repair business, Scott at Amazing Creations, who worked for Monaco and knows these coaches stem to stern.  I'll have him check it out, make the repair, and likely replace the carpet.