Horn Operation when Key Turned Off?

isptbart

My neighbor & I have brother 2007 coaches. His is a Camelot & mine a Scepter. Upon returning from a trip, when he turned off the ignition the horn sounds. Turn on the key & it stops. Due to the time & weather, I suggested he remove the horn fuse which temporarily resolved the issue. The other neighbors are grateful! We are looking for what would cause such a problem & how to resolve?

Many Thanks in advance!

Bart from VA

There is a troubleshooting guide in the downloads section.

You might look at it.  There is one connector on the controller that has the horn function.  You might try unplugging it an put the fuse back in to see if the horn still blares.  If it does that would eliminate the controller as a potential cause.  The horn button goes to the VIP controller and the controller has a relay that grounds the horn.  So if you have a ground somewhere in the mess of wires it could be causing your problem. 

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

All - thanks for your recommendations.  My friend is in Virginia with another batch of snow but quietly parked beside his home. I will pass on all of your suggestions & once he has discovered the cause & repair I will post the results.

Thanks!

Bart from VA

• Like 1