Ghost

Guest bobstromain

Guest bobstromain

The coach is parked on the side of my house.  Got up around midnight for a drink of water.  When passing near the front door I noticed in the coach what looked like the light from a TV, but it had no movement.  Too cold to go out and investigate (31 degrees) and thought maybe it is just a reflection from the streetlight.    At 6 AM I went into the coach and found the TV on, but the screen was still, only showing the various apps available.  The remote was in the cabinet, and the coach was locked.  Anyone ever experience this?

Bob St.Romain

04 Windsor 

Since i converted to flat screen TV's i sometimes have a problem with them coming on "on their own".  What the problem is is that there are manual buttons at the back of the TV that most people don't even know are there, on mine the power button was against the wood frame and for whatever reason the button would get pushed and turn the tv on.  I cut out the wood in that area and the problem vanished..

Some remotes have option slider buttons that allow you to change the signal the remote puts out when you push the buttons.  That way if you have two TV's with the same remotes you can change the option buttons so that the remote will not operate a second TV at the same time.  I was parked next to another coach that had the same TV and remote I had.  I almost drove the owner crazy trying to understand the problem I was causing him with my remote.  He would turn on his TV, I would turn it off.  He would change channels and I would change the channel back.  I never did let him know what was going on.  

This happens with my (sticks and bricks) basement TV all the time.  In my case I've narrowed it down to the Roku...  Apparently the Roku plugged into HDMI can turn the TV on when the TV senses a signal from the Roku.  I haven't gotten to *why* the Roku is doing that... I just blame it on the dog stepping on the remote. 😉 

4 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

This happens with my (sticks and bricks) basement TV all the time.  In my case I've narrowed it down to the Roku...  Apparently the Roku plugged into HDMI can turn the TV on when the TV senses a signal from the Roku.  I haven't gotten to *why* the Roku is doing that... I just blame it on the dog stepping on the remote. 😉 

Yep, pressing the home button on the Roku remote also turns on our TV.

One of our TV's will turn on once in a while when there is a power interruption, shore to gen, pedestal to gen or a power outage.  Not always, most of the time it doesn't happen, but once in a while we come in and find the TV on.  Doesn't happen enough to have made it up the list of things to do.  Also this is a TV with ROKU on it, but the remote is always in a cabinet and no pets to step on if it were on the floor.  

Still have one "ghost" light that stays on at a low output over the drivers seat all the time, it has never shut off after installing an LED in the fixture, no other light has done this after conversion to LED, it will go to full illumination by turning the switch to "on" then returns to basically a night lite the rest of the time.  Strange, but it's perfect to see around at night so it's lower on the to do list as well.

Woody Miller

Bob, sounds like all good/plausible answers above. Mine occasionally does the same.

A couple years ago I installed a wireless remote on my slide outs so I could stand outside, by the slide and watch it come out. Occasionally the slides would move slightly with no hands on the controls or remote. I finally changed the remote frequencies and have had no problems since!

Cheers.

-Jamie

Guest bobstromain

Thanks to all of you that responded. I will start by replacing batteries in the remote, at least I know others have experienced the same thing.  But it is kind of spooky to look out of your window and see the TV on.

Bob St. Romain