Do you use a Pressure Regulator?

LakeBob

I’m going to leap in a say remove the one at the top. If it’s a back flow control unit and I doubt it is, the lower one is more informative and better quality. The one at the top looks exactly like the standard on frills pressure gauge. On another point, why would the tank fill  be in the bottom of the tank? That would just be a plumbing first. 

Edited by Rick A

39 minutes ago, Martinvz said:

I have a question related to this link. In the photo you can see the pressure regulator we have and above it is a device that I assume is a flow restrictor or fixed pressure regulator that was installed on the coach.

Do we need both or can I remove the circled item?

What are the pros and cons of removing this item?

TIA, Martin

water-connection.jpg

Martin, 

That seems cumbersome for no net benefit.   I recommend you ditch the circled flow restrictor.  Adjust your pressure regulator at every campsite for 50-60 pounds and check it periodically during a long stay.   And turn your water off when leaving for more than a few hours.

Steve P

P.S. Prepare to receive a variety of opinions. 

42 minutes ago, Martinvz said:

I have a question related to this link. In the photo you can see the pressure regulator we have and above it is a device that I assume is a flow restrictor or fixed pressure regulator that was installed on the coach.

TIA, Martin

water-connection.jpg

I took ours out, it was so restrictive that it took me an hour to fill the 100 gal tank even with decent pressure on the gauge. Ridiculous. Ours was behind the wall so I first did not even know it was there. That crappy thing was pretty much permanently stuck closed. Much better now.

Thanks for all the feedback.  

I picked up an adjustable regulator and will always use going forward.  Monaco recommends in the manual (finally got to that section) as well. 

1 hour ago, Martinvz said:

TIA, Martin

water-connection.jpg

That reminds me of a insecure man.  One who wears a belt with his suspenders.

• Haha 1

FWIW, I use a 1/2 inch adjustable house type regulator at the hydrant (connected to the hydrant via a braided 3' washing machine type hose, thus the regulator rests on the ground) so the occasional 120+ psi doesn't get to any white hose that may also be heating up and softening in the sun 🌞.  I had thought about the convenience of a semi permanent wet bay installation but stick with using it as close to the hydrant as practical.

YMMV

Edited by amphi_sc
  • Like 1

@Martinvz as mentioned above, the pressure regulator will be effective in protecting your white hose from overpressure if you connect the regulator first at the spigot instead of in the water bay.  Sure, it might get stolen, but it's unlikely.  I've been connecting like that for a while with no issues. YMMV

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Martinvz said:

Thanks for all the replies. So far I have not noticed any comments telling me that it could be fatal. So I guess I will do some surgery soon.

Martin

911 as a last resort. Vrystaat?