2007 Dynasty interior lite switches

hbr509

Your 2007 model should have Intellitec switch panels to control interior lights.  Monaco introduced the Intellitec multiplex switching system in 2005 models.  These switch modules will require programming to interface with the CPU.  Contact M&M Electronics for help.

419 965-3014   mmrvelectronics@yahoo.com

Each module is independently programmed.  You should consider having your Intellitec control system backed up in case of future issues.  

Are you sure it’s the switches? Are they broken or do not activate the light? First thing with any computer system is to reboot it…turn all the 12V power off, including the solar. Hopefully this gets its bites in a row…works.

Without a backup of your rig’s system, even M&M will have trouble programming a new switch board. No standardization of what each switch board controls… why you need a backup of each board. M&M spends the winter in Sanford, Fla.

In the rear closet is the majority of the multiplex system… lots of fuses and relays. I have some boards behind the front TV but they are mostly for controlling shades and awnings.

While someone pushes a switch that’s not working, watch the lights on the boards in the closet to see if you have a corresponding light on a board…if you do then the switch is good and you need to check the fuses on that board. 

Edited by Ivylog

1 hour ago, Ivylog said:

Are you sure it’s the switches? Are they broken or do not activate the light? First thing with any computer system is to reboot it…turn all the 12V power off, including the solar. Hopefully this gets its bites in a row…works.

Without a backup of your rig’s system, even M&M will have trouble programming a new switch board. No standardization of what each switch board controls… why you need a backup of each board. M&M spends the winter in Sanford, Fla.

In the rear closet is the majority of the multiplex system… lots of fuses and relays. I have some boards behind the front TV but they are mostly for controlling shades and awnings.

While someone pushes a switch that’s not working, watch the lights on the boards in the closet to see if you have a corresponding light on a board…if you do then the switch is good and you need to check the fuses on that board. 

Having a backup copy of the intellitec CPU program is very important.  This program controls the whole system and is about 500 lines of code and would take a lot of work to recreate from scratch.

Although it's nice to have a backup of the program on each keypad, this is not critical.  This is because each keypad is programmed by a letter and position number of a module in the cabinet labelled with the particular keypad function.  So let's say that for a keypad labelled dinette lights - you look at the multiplex modules and on my coach it is module B and position #5.  So, the keypad for dinette lights is programmed to code B5. 

In most cases, Monaco was very good at labelling each keypad with the program code in the wiring diagrams.  Wiring diagrams are posted in the download files for many coach models.  I checked mine and all keypad codes were correctly shown on the wiring schematic.

I actually used this technique to program two ten button custom keypads so from the driver's seat I can control most of the critical house multiplex functions.

IMG_20190815_185021.jpg

Is the slide in question hydraulic, if so it may be the relay switch on the hydraulic pump motor. Does the pump motor work intermittently with both the in and the out button? If both buttons are intermittent then I would check the  relay switch on the pump motor, located up front by the steps. You can jump the big terminals on the relay switch bypassing the in/out buttons to see if the pump runs to activate slide. Hope this helps.

Edited by Frank Bergamo