Wiper Blade replacement

2007 Holiday Rambler. I purchased 32" windshield wiper blades from Camping World. The wiper blade fitting is wider than the receptacle on the wiper arm.  It isn't able to slide in for replacement. Anyone experienced this issue? Is there a specific replacement part number for the wiper blade. Off the shelf blades do not match the wiper arm.

Hi Mark, 

Some coaches use a heavy duty arm and you seem to have that version. The lighter duty could be a normal auto wiper blade. I have not looked for one of that lenght and cannot advise it it will be available in the stores.

Martin

As a retired truck mechanic you probably have bolt on blades. You said 32” blades, but are they necessary. Blades that long put excessive strain on the wiper motor and transmission linkage. Look at your vision area and get blades that clear your vision for safe driving. You could possibly use 26”/28”.

I used to have trouble finding blades for my motorhome and I've notice many others in the same boat. I don't even try to mach them anymore. I buy the right length Michelin blades from Costco for about $10 apiece. Then with some minor modification I fit them to my wiper arms. I've been doing this for several years. I have bolt on blades so it usually just involves drilling a hole, Here is a before and after photo of the latest blades I used:

PXL_20220111_225248418.jpg

PXL_20220111_225511833.jpg

51 minutes ago, xdieselbob said:

As a retired truck mechanic you probably have bolt on blades. You said 32” blades, but are they necessary. Blades that long put excessive strain on the wiper motor and transmission linkage. Look at your vision area and get blades that clear your vision for safe driving. You could possibly use 26”/28”.

I replaced mine with 28”. Easy to find and stay on the windshield better

I have 32" Trico blades on my 03 Windsor. Blades have a problem wiping all the surface. Slides over some places, especially in windy conditions. 

I'm thinking my arm springs aren't strong enough. So rethinking that 28" would have more pressure against the glass.