wanting to shut off DRL on 07 Monaco Signature

cowpoke

hi everyone:   I'm about at the end of my rope trying to figure out how to shut off the DRL on my sig, having them run during the day is fine with me but when I pull into a place at night and want to keep the coach running for whatever reason the day time running lights are on. The only way I can shut them off is by shutting off the engine/turning the ignition off. I've searched everywhere I can think of for a relay/fuse, anything to disable the DRL. Would be very appreciated of any help on this problem. Also I'm new to this forum so hope I'm going about this in the correct way. Also I am from AB, so it is the law but I'll deal with that once I figure out how to shut them off!

Dexter W

07 monaco Sig 

8 minutes ago, cowpoke said:

Thanks for the response , I would like to do that but if there is a DRL module in there we have not been able to find it. We sure have been looking...

It's the black module Hamsar D.R.L. module.  See picture below.

Screenshot_20220120-222429~2.png

I thank you so much for sending me the picture.. I wish my compartment had that but it doesn't. What I do have is two modules about the same size as your Hamsar that almost look like add ons, they are hanging out between one of the rows on the circuit board. one has five wires to it and the other has four. Nothing labeled as DRL... But maybe its one of these??

Thanks to Frank he figured out a few things on my coach, first off he found a circuit board was missing and two relays were wired in and hanging in place of the circuit board. He said there should be three relays but we only could find two. So, as the story goes one of these relays operated the DRL. I found the wire on the bottom added relay, pulled it off and "Bingo" the DRL went off..

I would like to thank anyone that answered my call for help and especially Frank, I so much appreciated  the help.. Ive been stewing over this for a few months now. Makes me wish I'd joined this forum long ago and now that I have I'm sure it will save me a lot of heartache ..

• Like 1

it should one of the relays that is not on the big   circuit board , it is on the right side of the big printed circuit board in the same  compartment , there are a couple relays there, just pull them one at a time until the lights go off. Thats where it is on my 07 Ambassador.