Rope lighting under galley cabinets

Does anyone have any suggestions how to access the connection for these rope lights?  I have like behind the trim, under the drawer, and in the cabinet under the sink. I have not removed the long piece of trim that runs from the sink to under the stove top. If anyone has had success or suggestions I would appreciate it. 

Edited by Connie B

• Connie B changed the title to Rope lighting under galley cabinets
58 minutes ago, Connie B said:

Does anyone have any suggestions how to access the connection for these rope lights?  I have like behind the trim, under the drawer, and in the cabinet under the sink. I have not removed the long piece of trim that runs from the sink to under the stove top. If anyone has had success or suggestions I would appreciate it. 

Have you tried to lift up the bottom of the cabinet.  All my floor cabinets have false bottoms that I can lift up. 

Connie, what model coach do you have?

On our 2004 Signature I found the connection for the kitchen cabinet rope light under the false floor that is for pots and pans under the cooktop.  It is 12v.  

I found the connection for the bathroom rope light under the bathroom cabinet.  I removed the bottom bathroom drawer and was able to reach in under the cabinet and access that connection.  

I purchased 12v LED rope light rolls on Amazon fairly inexpensively.  I was able to use them for replacing both the small fluorescent lights and the under cabinet rope lights.  The only caution is to avoid the very bright LEDs light rolls as the originals are only a warm white.  

On 1/24/2022 at 11:21 AM, jacwjames said:

Have you tried to lift up the bottom of the cabinet.  All my floor cabinets have false bottoms that I can lift up. 

I’ll check that out. I had no idea on that. Thanks

On 1/24/2022 at 2:03 PM, vito.a said:

On our 2004 Signature I found the connection for the kitchen cabinet rope light under the false floor that is for pots and pans under the cooktop.  It is 12v.  

I found the connection for the bathroom rope light under the bathroom cabinet.  I removed the bottom bathroom drawer and was able to reach in under the cabinet and access that connection.  

I purchased 12v LED rope light rolls on Amazon fairly inexpensively.  I was able to use them for replacing both the small fluorescent lights and the under cabinet rope lights.  The only caution is to avoid the very bright LEDs light rolls as the originals are only a warm white.  

Vito

We have a 2006 Executive. That’s probably where it is. I will check and let everyone know. Thanks so much. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, BillDeb45 said:

Ours is located in the slated access panel beside doors under sink

If I don’t find in one of the other locations I’ll check this one also. Thanks for the response. 

Edited by Connie B

On 1/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, vito.a said:

Vito - can you share the link of the one's your purchased?  Mine are out too.  There are so many options I want to make sure I purchase what worked for you.

The LED strips are the only LEDs I’ve had trouble with…don’t last very long. It would have been easier and looked better to run a strip along the bottom of the upper kitchen cabinets BUT not going to make that mistake a 4th time like I did in the bathroom’s bottom cabinet. Used six 48 led panels instead  of a strip and 3 years later every chip is still working. As much as they get used, I’ll guarantee you I couldn’t say the same if I’d used a strip.

If you use a strip, don’t hard wire it in…use the small 2 pin connector so you can replace easier.

Edited by Ivylog

Had a question about the panels I used as nightlights in the kick area on the bottom of the bathroom cabinets… used two 12 LED 5050 panels under a full-size cabinet, so 3 total.

The 48 led panels were used under the upper kitchen cabinets. I also use them instead of strips in my fluorescent fixtures…4 in each 18”.

I still buy on EBay as they were sold there long before Amazon. I’ve had good luck with the G4 (2 pin) 12 SMD 5050 led bulbs which 12+ years ago,  bulbs were $2, but only $1 today.

3BDD0C4E-6BAB-401C-805D-C0D31C131563.png

5ED36848-4AD6-41BC-AD7F-E44656C10A89.png

454F43A3-81B5-4E2E-A417-C359CAE11139.jpeg

Edited by Ivylog