Minimal information in your FIRST post asking for HELP!

vanwill52

Although this has been stated so many times it might be the most often posted comment about anyone's question...I post ONCE AGAIN.

• For someone to take an interest in answering your question, it is of IMMEASURABLE importance that you COMPLETELY identify your coach in your VERY FIRST SENTENCE !!!!  Ask a question about nearly ANYTHING and the relevant answer depends on YOU identifying EXACTLY what coach you are asking a question about. 
  • Yes, your info might be available if one clicks on your avatar...but if you have not been considerate enough to add it to your avatar yourself, your question may never get the attention it deserves.  Some folks have taken the time and initiative to identify their coach in their "avatar".  Most have not.  It is incredibly easy.  If you have a question about how to do it, ask Scotty Hutto, who has IMMENSE patience in answering this same question over and over and over and over...  If you do not ALWAYS identify the particulars of your coach in your FIRST SENTENCE, expect some chastising that you have not done so...or simply that your post is ignored...or not answered until YOU have provided the necessary info.  Otherwise, it may never get the attention you hoped for.

Purely for instance, asking a question about a "reduced power" issue is useless unless you identify your exact coach.  The (intelligent) answer to your question will require posting the year of your coach, the series, and if you have an "8.3 mechanical" engine, an "ISC-350" or "ISL400", "ISM" or ISX "Big Mama" and whether you have an Allison 2500, Allison 3000, or Allision 4000 series transmission.  Some of the most capable folks to answer your question (Ivan, Dave Pratt, Chuck B, Bob Nodine, Frank McElroy, Waterskier, Myron, David 427, and countless others) MIGHT spend their time asking you to intelligently describe your problem and EXACTLY what coach it pertains to.  OTOH, they might simply ignore you until YOU have provided enough info to help analyze YOUR OWN problem, or until several others have asked the OBVIOUS questions.  If that never happens, your question may go unanswered.

Scotty, forgive me if this post inundates you in requests.  Y'er a good ol' boy!  Our buddy Paul Whittle will be helping me install the 360* (old folks warning) camera on my coach soon.  Luckily, I can poop in my coach without electronic assistance, However, should I fall prey to that "technological calamity" I'm sure "Pooper Paul" would assist me...if I have him enough information specific to my coach.

TIC...sorta...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vanwill52 said:

Although this has been stated so many times it might be the most often posted comment about anyone's question...I post ONCE AGAIN.

• For someone to take an interest in answering your question, it is of IMMEASURABLE importance that you COMPLETELY identify your coach in your VERY FIRST SENTENCE !!!!  Ask a question about nearly ANYTHING and the relevant answer depends on YOU identifying EXACTLY what coach you are asking a question about. 
  • Yes, your info might be available if one clicks on your avatar...but if you have not been considerate enough to add it to your avatar yourself, your question may never get the attention it deserves.  Some folks have taken the time and initiative to identify their coach in their "avatar".  Most have not.  It is incredibly easy.  If you have a question about how to do it, ask Scotty Hutto, who has IMMENSE patience in answering this same question over and over and over and over...  If you do not ALWAYS identify the particulars of your coach in your FIRST SENTENCE, expect some chastising that you have not done so...or simply that your post is ignored...or not answered until YOU have provided the necessary info.  Otherwise, it may never get the attention you hoped for.

Purely for instance, asking a question about a "reduced power" issue is useless unless you identify your exact coach.  The (intelligent) answer to your question will require posting the year of your coach, the series, and if you have an "8.3 mechanical" engine, an "ISC-350" or "ISL400", "ISM" or ISX "Big Mama" and whether you have an Allison 2500, Allison 3000, or Allision 4000 series transmission.  Some of the most capable folks to answer your question (Ivan, Dave Pratt, Chuck B, Bob Nodine, Frank McElroy, Waterskier, Myron, David 427, and countless others) MIGHT spend their time asking you to intelligently describe your problem and EXACTLY what coach it pertains to.  OTOH, they might simply ignore you until YOU have provided enough info to help analyze YOUR OWN problem, or until several others have asked the OBVIOUS questions.  If that never happens, your question may go unanswered.

Scotty, forgive me if this post inundates you in requests.  Y'er a good ol' boy!  Our buddy Paul Whittle will be helping me install the 360* (old folks warning) camera on my coach soon.  Luckily, I can poop in my coach without electronic assistance, However, should I fall prey to that "technological calamity" I'm sure "Pooper Paul" would assist me...if I have him enough information specific to my coach.

TIC...sorta...

Thank you and I do apologize for not including this information.  You are so correct.  I will include that information when asking for help.  Again.  Thank you

• Like 1

Everyone isn’t a genius here. We do the best we can. I don’t except everything to be fixed or answered on the internet. Some answers are very helpful, some are not. But, I do appreciate the help I get. Thanks all. 

• Like 1

Most of us I think have our coach info in our signature. Thus eliminating the coach info in the beginning . Now if you don’t, then u need to let us know your coach info.

Just the way I do it!!!!