Patio awning

Well it seems my coach has a mind of its own.  My 2006 Monaco Camalot has decided to extend the patio awning during the night and I can't get it to retract.   I have no idea what caused it to extend,  but it did.  It's raining and I have covid and I'm fighting crazy issues.  How do I get my awning to retract? 

I apologize if this topic has been covered,  I've not found it yet and just maybe this crazy headache isn't helping.   Thank you for your patience with me and your help.   I'm learning alot from you all.  

You should have a manual crank handle somewhere in your coach. It can be closed by hand. If you can’t do it yourself,get someone to help. Also I’d pull the fuse or disconnect the power to it until you’re able to get it fixed. I wish you a quick recovery. 

Jim 2000 Monaco Dynasty  2004 Jeep Liberty Toad

(Removed my Girard awning. Nothing but expensive  trouble. )

68E2E377-867A-4FD4-83DA-7D6DC22DB2AC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm starting to go crosseyed trying to read anything on this site to do with awnings and haven't come across anything that hits my problem, which is:

The awning on the drivers side that covers the windows on my 07 signature, instead of rolling uo it went the other way and is now hanging almost flat against the coach. Its a "Brustor" awning made in Belgium, but Girard supposedly handles them. Phoned Girard and they  told me they didn't know anything about Brustor, after having a bit of a go round with Girard they found out they did handle Brustor. They hooked me up with a tech and he told me how to roll it up manually and told me where and how to do that, but, The Brustor I have doesn't have what's needed to roll it up manually so the tech told me there was nothing more he could tell me.

So I guess what I'm hoping is that someone on this site may have an idea how I can get this rolled up, or perhaps I need to take it off. I'm not in a panic as I'm in Yuma and will be here another month or so but it's like living in a cave with the awning hanging over the windows on one side of the coach.  I'd appreciate any idea's or suggestions that anyone may have and thank you for any and all comments..

29 minutes ago, cowpoke said:

I'm starting to go crosseyed trying to read anything on this site to do with awnings and haven't come across anything that hits my problem, which is:

The awning on the drivers side that covers the windows on my 07 signature, instead of rolling uo it went the other way and is now hanging almost flat against the coach. Its a "Brustor" awning made in Belgium, but Girard supposedly handles them. Phoned Girard and they  told me they didn't know anything about Brustor, after having a bit of a go round with Girard they found out they did handle Brustor. They hooked me up with a tech and he told me how to roll it up manually and told me where and how to do that, but, The Brustor I have doesn't have what's needed to roll it up manually so the tech told me there was nothing more he could tell me.

So I guess what I'm hoping is that someone on this site may have an idea how I can get this rolled up, or perhaps I need to take it off. I'm not in a panic as I'm in Yuma and will be here another month or so but it's like living in a cave with the awning hanging over the windows on one side of the coach.  I'd appreciate any idea's or suggestions that anyone may have and thank you for any and all comments..

Contact Chris Throgmartin @throgmartin.  He is our awning expert….

Thanks Ivan for the suggestion but mine is acting different. When I tried to retract mine I could see the awning unwind through the window, it unwound to the end of the awning material. From that point on you can hear the awning motor run but it acts as though its in neutral, nothing is moving.. the awning material is just flapping in the breeze.