Have a 2000 Dynasty not starting from ignition switch with front/rear switch definitely physically in the front position. Fires right up from rear switch with front/rear in rear position.

Just want to be sure I have an understanding of circuitry before I go poking around. There is only one starting solenoid -yes? So if it starts with rear that is not the problem but it's somewhere from the switch on? 

Out of curiosity where is the ignition solenoid, rear run? And what is TS1 in the front run Bay I see on circuit diagram. 

Greg t, 2000 Dynasty

On my 2002 Windsor I have a "Preheat Panel" mounted above the engine and is accessible by removing the bedroom engine hatch.  There are 3 circuit breakers and 3 solenoids.  Two of the solenoids are for the grid heaters, and one is for the stater solenoid.  This is shown on my wiring diagrams.    Attached is a parts page showing how it looks with part numbers, which may be the same or different then yours.  In my case the lower right one is the starter solenoid.  I also attached a blowup of the wiring diagram, it will be EXTREMELY blurry, hit CTRL & 5 at the same time and it will clear right up.

But if it is starting from the rear that tells me those circuits are OK.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that in the small box that the remote start/selector switches are there are a couple relays in that box that do the work of the circuit.  They are shown on my chassis wiring diagram.   You might check to see if there are any loose wires there. 

1 Preheat Panel.pdf 2002_Windsor_wiring_diagrams Preheat Panel.pdf

Greg, you may have more than one solenoids in your coach. One may be with the solenoids that apply intake heater power. On my 2003, this solenoid is located in the passenger side rear most compartment under a black plastic cover, but on some models it is located under the bed. 

If I was troubleshooting this problem, since the engine starts from rear position, I would start at the rear run panel and listen for solenoid clicks to locate them. Also I would investigate the front/rear start switch first to make sure it is working. The front/rear switch probably switches a relay so you might listen for it's location. Also try jumpering the front/rear switch to see if it is failing.

Good luck.

-Jamie

I have a 2000 Dynasty 40’ also  

Yes. Check your rear start (front/off/rear ) select switch for good connections and power in the forward position.  You could possibly have a bad  ignition switch on dashboard. Front run panel has two solenoids (ignition and accessories). On mine they’re installed in the upper left of the forward run panel. Believe they should energize when ignition switch  is on .  Note: Do you see a “ wait to start “ light on your dashboard when you turn on the key? If not you’re probably not getting power from the rear start selector switch in the forward position.

Your starter solenoid is located in the rear run compartment.    See pics. There should be a diagram on the compartment door. Starter solenoid is in ctr. of pic. 79F10E2E-85C7-491F-A470-72079955C363.thumb.jpeg.2173fa60aa9dd363ec1c48eb7988548d.jpegFF102E18-6947-492D-894C-79E73CE68B2E.thumb.jpeg.e56eedfff0bff3c0c2faf6d9142562c6.jpegIt’s job 

Thanks, all is working as it should - dash lights, wait start, low air etc. Just no ignition from front ignition switch with selector switch at back physically on front. Circuit diagram I have (attached) only shows 2 solenoids- ACC and IGN. Next, I'll start looking at layout since I've had this thing long enough to know what's in the book may or may not be what I have. Then check connections, probe voltages etc. But now I'll be able to do so knowing more than I did before.

Greg t, 2000 Dynasty 

Key Ignition monaci dynasty 2000.jpg

Greg, I have had issues with some Monaco connectors so before you get too deep in the weeds with this you might want to disconnect the first connector at the rear run panel and bend pins on the pin side so they dig deeper into the corresponding metal on the socket side. Usually a very small bend will fix things.

-Jamie

Edited by OhReally
Copied multiple times.

Again as Oreally says. Also the ign and acc relays are the ones I mentioned in the front run panel upper left. Make sure the fuses are good for ignition. They’re in that run panel. 

Its going to be something simple. You’ll find it. 

Jim 2000 Dynasty 40’

Sorry I meant solenoids not relays.