Wet Bay light circuit spring loaded to ground when door opens

Robert92867

This one may work:

https://www.amazon.com/DaierTek-Adjustable-Switch-Security-Momentary/dp/B081MT3YCF/ref=sr_1_13?crid=5V4PMOY737E4&keywords=door+plunger+switch&qid=1643231875&sprefix=door+plunger+switch%2Caps%2C113&sr=8-13#customerReviews

There's one review that says it was used in exactly the wet bay switch application.

I was looking at mine the other day and it's seriously corroded.  Your request for a replacement triggered me to search on Amazon.

I've ordered one of these, they're cheap enough, and I'll see if they work.

One of the reviewers complained that the picture is a package of 3 switches and there were only two in the package he received.  I only need one . . .

Dwight

23 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

Hmmm . . . my wet bay has a loose wire sticking out at the top.  If I ground the wire the light comes on.  💡  I guess my "switch" died a long time ago and got trashed. 

- bob

I have the same thing! I can't find where it was mounted, but the light and wiring is all there and ready to go when I figure out how I want to mount it.

You'll notice a tab on the end of any of the Amazon switches. The wire you refer to should simply connect to that tab. Since the complete switch mounts to the door frame through a grounded surface, the wire will ground when the door opens and let's the switch close.

16 minutes ago, Bjohnsonmn said:

I have the same thing! I can't find where it was mounted, but the light and wiring is all there and ready to go when I figure out how I want to mount it.

I was thinking a simple 'L' bracket on the lift support.  Mounting bolt is already there . . . or maybe a new bracket up high out of the way.  Or maybe when the weather warms up I'll actually buy the switch!

- bob