Need to modernize my entry door......

I have had enough of the crappy scissor style door arm that doesn't work on our entry door.  I have seen threads on replacing those arms with struts.  Can anyone point me to where I can find the "how to" for doing this job?  I have tried all sorts of "thing-a-ma-bobs" to keep the door open, but I've had enough of those attempts that fail to keep the door open.  Biggest concern is where to mount the strut on the door and on the frame and the length of stroke on the strut.  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

I replaced the scissor style door arm with the gas strut on my 2001 Dynasty last year.  I wish I would have done it sooner as it has worked really well.  If you do a search on this forum for "Door Strut" you will find some threads from others who have done this.  I used a thread from IRV2 from "MS Happy Campers" which gave sources for parts and Pics of installation.  The thread from Jim McGarvie has god info. Good luck.

• Like 1

There are many members here that have done this successfully. One in particular is Bart from VA and the other that I remember is Joe aka MS Happy Camper mentioned above.

Here are two threads that I found in this forum that may help plus I have posted a photo of Bart's install.

Entry door scissor replacement - Body, Awning, Roof, Slides, & Steps - Bill D’s Monacoers

Door scissor replacement - Interior & Exterior Care & Renovations - Bill D’s Monacoers

0507181219.jpg