Vacuum fuse

Donflem

Does anyone know where the fuse is on the central vacuum in a 2007 dynasty? I looked in the closet and under the driver seat but I didn’t see it my vacuum doesn’t want to turn on. I would appreciate any help you guys might have.

Thanks Don

Use a voltmeter and see if the vac motor is getting juice when the vac is turned on.  If yes, then the motor is bad / stuck.  If No, then look at the switch that turns it on.  If that is good, then fuse.  the question remains - why would the fuse blow?

Above because you and I don't know where that silly fuse is.

Does the vac run on 12 volts (fuse) or 110 volts (circuit breaker)?  ie: if no 110volts available...have you been able to use the vac?  on mine, nope.  the Vac motor is 110 volts...so check circuit breakers.

Below is a very popular central vac...note:  there is an overheat protector that "self resets"...and it's 120 volts.

"

Dirt Devil® CV1500 Specifications:
Model: Dirt Devil® CV1500
Weight: 14 lbs.
Dimensions: 6.25" x 7" x 14.5"
Voltage: 120 Volts (AC)
Amperes: 11.7 Max Amps
Motor:

With overload and overheat protector, automatically resets when cooled"

Edited by DavidL

1 hour ago, DavidL said:

Use a voltmeter and see if the vac motor is getting juice when the vac is turned on.  If yes, then the motor is bad / stuck.  If No, then look at the switch that turns it on.  If that is good, then fuse.  the question remains - why would the fuse blow?

Above because you and I don't know where that silly fuse is.

Does the vac run on 12 volts (fuse) or 110 volts (circuit breaker)?  ie: if no 110volts available...have you been able to use the vac?  on mine, nope.  the Vac motor is 110 volts...so check circuit breakers.

Below is a very popular central vac...note:  there is an overheat protector that "self resets"...and it's 120 volts.

"

Dirt Devil® CV1500 Specifications:
Model: Dirt Devil® CV1500
Weight: 14 lbs.
Dimensions: 6.25" x 7" x 14.5"
Voltage: 120 Volts (AC)
Amperes: 11.7 Max Amps
Motor:

With overload and overheat protector, automatically resets when cooled"

Hmmmm so many things I should know. I’m going to get out my meter now. 
Thanks Dave 

On my 2007 Dynasty, I went to the attachment point where you plug the hose in. Mine is in my bathroom. You will notice a metal band around the hose end that when plugged in, the electrical connection is made. I wiggled the hose as I pushed it into the attachment hole and it turned on. I then saw that the metal band was loose. So I folded  a piece of paper and wedged it under the metal band to make it push tight against the electrical contacts. It’s been working fine ever since.