Sony TV Removal

LakeBob

Picture would help, but if it's like mine there was a face frame, then a couple screws up from the bottom of the cabinet and a restraining strap at the back of the TV.  You'll have to contort yourself between the dash and windshield to get to it.

Have someone to help because they are extremely heavy.

I had a TV that was mounted I a cabinet on the drivers side. You have to take off the trim wood.  The bottom of the cabinet was level. Well,......there’s a tilled shelf inside the TV sits on. So when I took the trim off all of a sudden the heavy analog TV started to come out on me. I had no help so I had to reach in and unplug it while holding the thing. So like the previous poster says. Get help. I put a 40” flat screen there mounted on a articulating mount. Located a block of 2x6” wood and secured in the box to mount the stand. Took lots of measurements to locate it so I could close the TV up tight against the cabinet and swing it out a little towards the center of coach. Still have access in cabinet. Left  the old trim off. TV covers the hole. Just strap it up against the cabinet when traveling. 

Jim 2000 Dynasty 40’

On my 2007 Exe there is a long narrow removable panel on the front side of the cabinet. Once that is popped off, there were two metal brackets at the bottom and a 6"-10" piece of angle iron at the very top that had 3 screws. It was a pain in the ass to remove the TV. Takes 2 people to make sure the TV doesn't fall out. The screws at the top were 3/8" hex and had to use like 20" of extensions and a lot of self control to remove them. Hope yours is different.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some pics of the TV and the only back panel I can locate.  The panel is partially open towards the top and I'm seeing small finish nails holding it in.  It's removable, may have to figure out a new method if I remove. 

Anyone work with anything similar?

Thanks! 

IMG_2469.thumb.jpg.fe66e5804134c31fbfbbded23c13a052.jpgH

IMG_2468.thumb.jpg.be98afcd0246fc43e94d1b0c270b7d8f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I completely removed the Sony TV from the center overhead and reconfigured the center overhead. The TV is heavy and requires 2 people to remove it, so just be aware of that. There was an angle iron frame on the inside of mine that the TV was resting on and it was easily removed. The center TV cabinet can be removed as an assembly from the roof of the coach and disassembled (quality cabinetry), I used the complete back panel for the new front panel, remove the snap clips from the sides, put some hinges on the bottom of the panel and used 1 of the snap clips on the top to hold it shut. I cut the sides of the cabinet down to look proportional and then reassemble it. Went to Lowe's, got a piece oak, made a back panel, stained it to match, looks like it was made at the factory and the head bonging cabinet is no more!

When I removed my TV I shortened the center cabinet to match the adjacent ones. After cutting off the bottom I took a section out of it and reattached it. I was fortunate to have two cabinet doors from the desk I removed that luckily were the perfect height to put where the TV was

188A02C6-4B5A-4313-A1FB-C8995042D4D1.jpeg