Windows Leaking

I had a similar issue on the driver seat side window. Water leaked into the trough in the frame. It appeared to be sealed all around but leaked in heavy rain or during wash. the window had some fogging around the edges so i had company come out to correct the fogging and at the same time when the window frame went back in they ran a good bead of  the black butyl rubber sealant around the frame. Then butyl rubber rather than silicone around the perimeter as is done on windshield. No leaks even under high pressure water.

• Like 1

The leaks can be anywhere. The windows are often the culprits. Until you can have the windows removed and reinstalled using calking is a good option. Use some painters tape to limit the calking spread. Replacing the complete window may be difficult and expensive.

• Like 1

We had the drivers side fixed window fog after going through a truck wash.  Took a long time to find a replacement, months.  Finally a new window was found.  Cost installed: $4,000.00.  Insurance covered all except for the $250.00 deductible.  Lesson here is most likely you will need to have windows made for the older Monaco's.   

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, MrAmbassador said:

Thank you everyone for your expert input. Thankfully there are no roof leaks. It was very obvious it was coming from the window. I will remove them and reinstall with the proper caulking. Yes, I will use the painters tape 👍🏼. Again thank you to all!

The two windows I've had out (so far), I've tossed the factory rubber gasket, and replaced with butyl tape.

• Like 1